Very Buggy iPad app Sooo Slllooowww

What's with all the bugs and slow app for ipad?

I was with you a few years back and then I needed to get organized again so I thought I would give it a go again. I purchased a year membership and it was awesome. Then once a few meeting notes were created it started slowing and slowing and slowing. Your app on the iPad and phone suck. Lots of bugs and the experience hasn't been what I was hoping for. 

• Level 5

Can’t confirm this at all - the iOS app works pretty snappy, at least on newer devices (in my case 4 years and younger).

Since the mobile app allows only 1 note to be selected at any time, I don’t understand what you mean with „once a few meeting notes were created“. Must be monster notes - my accounts holds several thousands of notes, growing, and shows no sign of slowing down.

Maybe you can get more specific, beginning with the type of device, iOS and EN iOS version.

I have the same issue with the iPad version and have been using Evernote since 2016 with no issues. I use it across my Mac, iPad, Android phone and Windows PC for work as well as pretty much everything else. Everywhere except the iPad works perfectly with no issues.

I have some large-ish notes (e.g. about 10,000 words, with 30MB of files inside) but they are not too large in the scheme of things. Whenever I try to edit one that size, there is such lag with typing its incredibly frustrating. Sometimes a 1-2 minute delay for even typing a single word, let alone sentences or paragraphs.

It does not only affect large notes, though, but even small notes, and even those freshly created.

I have tried removing and reinstalling the app, deleting all associated files and cache etc etc. Nothing corrects this issue on my iPad, which is very frustrating as I use the iPad when going to meetings or travel etc.

Does anyone else have any advice on what can be done to fix this issue? It only appeared a couple of updates ago, and I was hoping the most recent one would fix it. It hasn't

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5

It is a known weakness of EN v10 that large notes with a lot of text can cause trouble. No idea if and when EN is going to optimize performance for this type of notes.

The current workaround is to split these notes up into smaller ones. You can create a table of content note to keep them together, and you can put links into the notes to allow jumping between them.