Can other people see my files?

Really niche situation, just looking for some feedback: I was transferring laptops, and wasn't sure if my evernote files would transfer. I exported them onto a USB just in case. I later gave that USB to someone to put something on, forgetting that there was already stuff on there. The files were notebooks, and there was about 10 notebooks (each with between 5-10 notes within them).

Yes, I'm assuming (or, rather, hoping) that they weren't nosy, but if they clicked on the files, would they have been able to see what was on them? I presume that it is unlikely that they have evernote on their computer, so would it have failed to open without a log in? Or if they did click on it, would it have opened as a PDF or some other form of document that showed the files? They're super personal/private so I'm having a bit of an internal distress about it. If she couldn't open them, then I'll be horrified by the file names but so relieved if she would have been unable to open them, but somehow I feel that she could technically have? If that's the case, then let's hope she was nice enough to leave them alone haha!

Thanks if anyone knows the answer to this!

20 hours ago, T Hodg said:

Really niche situation, just looking for some feedback: I was transferring laptops, and wasn't sure if my evernote files would transfer. I exported them onto a USB just in case. I later gave that USB to someone to put something on, forgetting that there was already stuff on there. The files were notebooks, and there was about 10 notebooks (each with between 5-10 notes within them).

Yes, I'm assuming (or, rather, hoping) that they weren't nosy, but if they clicked on the files, would they have been able to see what was on them? I presume that it is unlikely that they have evernote on their computer, so would it have failed to open without a log in? Or if they did click on it, would it have opened as a PDF or some other form of document that showed the files? They're super personal/private so I'm having a bit of an internal distress about it. If she couldn't open them, then I'll be horrified by the file names but so relieved if she would have been unable to open them, but somehow I feel that she could technically have? If that's the case, then let's hope she was nice enough to leave them alone haha!

Thanks if anyone knows the answer to this!

What EN version, what did you put exactly on the stick, ENEX or HTML files or a backup of your local database?

• Level 5

If it was an ENEX file, here is just one example of a web search for ENEX file type :

https://fileinfo.com/extension/enex

Plus there are tools to convert ENEX files and make them accessible without the EN software:

https://fileproinfo.com/tools/converter/enex#

Took me less than 3 min to get this information. So I would say if somebody takes notice, it is pretty simple to retrieve the information from that ENEX file.

Similar with HTML, can be read with any browser.

This does not mean it will be done - but technically it is no problem at all.