Help - Opening files on my desktop automatically get imported as a Note

Hi, Hoping someone can help me with this....

When I open files from BOX or attachments from Outlook, they are automatically imported as a Note, instead of just opening.   This includes Excel, Word, PPT and PDF files.  The only work-around I have found is to first save the file and then open it from my Folders by right clicking and choosing "Open With....".  It's been a big waste of time to use this work-around.  Anyone have ideas on how to fix it?  Thanks!

• Level 5

You are probably running a Windows PC ?

You have probably recently installed EN v10.23 ?

OK, then probably a bug in the installer has destroyed the standard app settings on your computer, resetting it for many file formats to EN instead of the correct program.

To reset them, you need to go to Windows settings, Apps and software, and realign the file extensions with the correct programs. For example xls and xlsx wit Excel, doc and docx with Word, and so on. I think there is a way in the Explorer as well.

No, things like that should not happen. EN has pulled the installer when the first reports showed up about that problem. But this does not help you if this was what has happened.