Sidebar Notebook stacks don't stay expanded after launching.

Latest version issue where after launching app, my Notebooks stack in the sidebar that were expanded upon closing the app now reappears as collapsed at start. I then have to go back and expand them to get to my notes. Please advise.

Using version:

10.24.3-win-ddl-public (3041)
Editor: v134.0.17043
Service: v1.41.4
© 2019 - 2021 Evernote Corporation. All rights reserved

Similar to the Mac issue described at

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
1 hour ago, Bim said:

I then have to go back and expand them to get to my notes. Please advise.

Hi.  This is mainly a user 2 user forum,  so all you'll get here is advice... to go back to the sidebar and expand the stacks again.  You could add frequently accessed notebooks to your shortcuts so as to avoid the need to change the display,  and maybe raise this with support if it causes an issue.  Meantime if this is a common occurrence Evernote will likely address this in their next update.

On 11/11/2021 at 3:49 PM, gazumped said:

Hi.  This is mainly a user 2 user forum,  so all you'll get here is advice...

Hey gazumped, thanks for the reply. This is an important issue for me, so is there a better place to post or inquire?

You could add frequently accessed notebooks to your shortcuts so as to avoid the need to change the display,  and maybe raise this with support if it causes an issue.

I submitted feedback about it initially but kinda expected it to be a known bug that was addressed promptly. Perhaps I should open a support ticket at this point.

My concern is that since each time on opening the app I might need to click to any one of twenty notebooks organized into four stacks, this little UI change(bug?) now adds a barrier to my workflow of having to click open four tiny expand arrows, rather than just going right to where I need as I've done for years and years.

Hoping we can get this sorted out :)

• Like 1
  • Evernote Expert

Without doubt v10 does demand changes in workflow. Some are insignificant others get in the way. This isn't a bug since it is functioning as designed. You should open a support ticket. Your request will go on the list for attention but remember the list is already lengthy.

• Like 1

Issue seems to be fixed with latest update this morning. The stacked notebook now expands back on launch.

10.25.6-win-ddl-public (3073)
Editor: v135.2.17285
Service: v1.42.2
© 2019 - 2021 Evernote Corporation. All rights reserved

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1