Only have it on 2 apps, the phone and laptop but it is trying to make me unsync one of them

I have had problems syncing my phone Evernote app and my laptop app. It kept telling me I can only have 2 apps synced. It was opening the laptop app but I was not seeing the notes on my phone on the laptop app. It says when you save anything with Evernote that it uses the web app to do this. I realized the phone app logged in under a different email than the laptop app was using. I signed out of the laptop app and signed in with the same email / user id that the phone was on and then everything worked and I saw the notes from my phone on the laptop app.

Today it was telling me there was a new version of Evernote and so I downloaded it and let it install. If I had known this was an deceptive way of getting us to get their app that would not let us sync 2 devices like they tell us it will, I would not have installed the upgrade. After installing the upgrade it was telling me I had to upgrade to a paid account or unsync something. But I only am using it on my phone and laptaop. That is one + one = 2... Arrrrggggg! When I opened their pop up to look at unsyncing it showed the web app as one of them for a total of 3. The web app is NOT a device and they said the Evernote SYSTEM uses the web app to save and sync the 2 devices. This seems totally DECEPTIVE and harassing to try to force people to get a paid subscription. I DO NOT use this for business. I am retired and only put a few personal notes like a task list or something I don't want to forget while sitting in the bathroom.

Are the people at Evernote really this underhanded and deceptive? Or is there a problem with my situation and why it is not working like it should be working. If I click on the web app to unsycn will it still be able to save notes and sync between the ONLY 2 apps I am using?

Please let me know. Thank you!

Valhalla

• Level 5

Or to say it in simple words: The web client is counted as a device since October 2020.

EN decided to change the treatment of the web client, because the new web client has nearly feature parity to the desktop clients. So EN did not see a reason any more for exceptions.

In general I observe EN getting stricter on the limits of the Free plan. Devices will not sync, upload limits are enforced, and if you make the wrong moves, it is even possible to lock yourself out of your account for 30 days.

Since EN has no binding legal contract with free users, they can basically change the handling of plan details as they want. As a subscriber I have bought a certain service for a given period of time, which is shielding me against such changes in between.

Apart from being stricter than in former times, the Free plan is still more generous than most starter or entry level offers of other note taking apps.