disable automatic conversion of links

Hello, I frequently save links to youtube and other sites along with my comments, but recently suddenly it automatically changes to video title with link in it's properties. This makes it much harder for me to search because I cannot now search via URL, only via video title. And it is also much more work for me to copy the link and paste it into email or some message, because if I do right click - copy it copies only the video title, which is useless obviously. If I have some more text around this in my note and select the text with the link - again I will lose the URL in the copied text. How do I disable this behavior so the pasted URLs don't get converted? And this problem is both in Android app and legacy Evernote app for Windows

• Evernote Expert

I don't believe you can disable the automatic process but you can change the view after the import so that you show only the link. Click the title bar for the video and choose from the menu 

• Level 5

We are not speaking about the legacy app. If it has changed, it has done so, although it does not change any more, codewise.

For v10 clients it is as @agsteele posted: The conversion can be modified, for example to show as a link instead, but only for each attachment individually.

• Like 1

I have said in the first post that I use Evernote Legacy (mostly because of the shortcuts bar)

Anyway I really don't know how but now it has changed to what I want! Pasted youtube links remain as URL and don't change into the video title!

What I tried before was tools/options/note/note taking options - automatically format text objects - uncheck. However when I did it there was no effect. Now suddenly probably after the computer reboot it seems like it worked. However when I enable it back it doesn't do anything and pasted URLs stay as URL :D Interesting...