My incoming email attachments converted to EN docs, how do I turn this off

I was totally spreading the word on EN and how amazing it is at organizing my life to a friend. She downloaded it to her computer and found that it was converting her incoming email attachments to EN docs.  I had not had that experience until now.  This is not something I want to happen.  How do I turn it off?  An example my excel doc was converted to EN excel

Supply Requisition Form.xlsx

• Level 5

There are no EN docs. The only files that will open with EN are the ENEX files created by EN.

Can you describe what do you mean by this ?

Hint: There was a bug in the installer for EN Windows client 10.23. It changed the standard app setting in Windows from whatever to EN. You can set this back in Windows settings.

There is another thread where it is described in more detail. You probably find it when searching for 10.23 .

• Level 5*
49 minutes ago, Julie Reyes said:

An example my excel doc was converted to EN excel

The example you posted seems to be a valid excel document    
Can you add more detail about this "conversion"

I'm not clear about tne "EN excel"   
Evernote will store excel files as a note attachment file

• Evernote Expert

I think you're saying that if you forward an Email to Evernote AND the Email has an attachment then the note that is created also has the attachment.  That would be the normal behaviour and it has always been so.  If you don't want this then you will have to use a mail program that allows you to forward without the attachments. If you send it to Evernote then the program will, correctly, process everything it receives.  But perhaps I've misunderstood what you mean.