How to take hands-free notes in Evernote

Hey all! I have an unusual question: When I'm in my car driving, listening to a podcast, I want to be able to verbally make a note in Evernote without having to touch my phone.

For example, if I hear an idea I want to remember from my podcast while driving I want to be able to say something like "Evernote, make note/add ______________ in ________ notebook/note." without touching my phone (which is a Samsung Galaxy S20 android BTW). Does anyone know of any way to do this? I was thinking of maybe trying to integrate Bixby to do it?

Thanks so much!,

Noah

• Level 5

Sorry to interfere, but „The new Evernote does not support Siri“.

My personal solution is to use the app JustPressRecord, which is available on Mac, iOS and most important Apple Watch. It creates an audio file, that can be transcribed automatically (making use of the speech-to-text properties build into iOS) into computer text.

What I like is that I can then share the result into EN, an on sharing I am asked if I want to save only the text, only the audio or both. When I select both, a new note is created holding both a text and an audio file. If the text is spooky, I can go back to the audio and see what it meant. Because of the audio files size, this is only recommended for subscribers - Free users should only use the transcript.

Since I don’t use Android, I don’t know which apps would do something similar on an Android phone. If using Bixby is really the best option I don’t know - but I am pretty sure it is not supported by EN. So in any case a third app is needed to grab and transfer the spoken words.

Another option is to grab an audio file directly with EN, and let the respective OS do the transcript. Here is an article about it:

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209004717

• Level 5*
3 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

The new Evernote does not support Siri

Nope - just offered that as encouragement that some connections are possible.  Android users will be into Google and Galaxy options - don't know where Bixby comes in but there are some extensions in the Play store,  plus others for Alexa. 

• Like 1