Merging two Evernote accounts?

I've had a personal Evernote account since Sept 2008 and a business account since 2010.  My business was closed last year (thanks COVID), and I still need to hold on to (and access) that data. I want it all under one account and don't want to pay for two separate accounts. 

I see that I can export note by note, but that is not feasible with thousands of notes (8gb?).  Is there a simpler way? Is this impossible? 

Suggestions please!  But not the "select 50 notes at a time and export" (without the notebooks). I have hundreds of notebooks, with thousands of notes. 

• Level 5

This is the official way to do it:

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209004867

A simple search in the help database brings this up as first hit … 

It seems you are out of luck regarding your wish of how-to: It is through an ENEX-export, per notebook.

You could use legacy, but exporting more than a notebook at a time destroys the „note-x-is-in-notebook-a“ information.

An alternative might be to create a tag per notebook, and apply it to all notes in that notebook. Tags are retained in the Export.

Or leave everything (or most) in the old account and degrade it to Free. This will reduce search options (no search in pdf and some other attachments), but as a reference it still may be enough.

• Like 2
  • Evernote Expert

I'm with @PinkElephant I, too, closed a business in COVID. I downgraded the business account to free and it sits happily with nothing happening. The only risk is that I might make some changes which count against a more limited data transfer allowance. If you really need to export then do it by notebook.

• Like 1
On 10/31/2021 at 1:24 AM, agsteele said:

I'm with @PinkElephant I, too, closed a business in COVID. I downgraded the business account to free and it sits happily with nothing happening. The only risk is that I might make some changes which count against a more limited data transfer allowance. If you really need to export then do it by notebook.

Both are garbage answers.  I don't want a free account, I want my all my info in one Evernote account.   It's BS any company expects me to remove my information one tiny bit at at time when I have almost 4,000 notes and then having to recategorize/stack all of them. That means I'd have to go thru the export process EIGHTY times.  WTF?

That is Bull$hit.   It should be a primary feature to bulk export / import data. But then it would be easier for people to leave and they have shareholders to answer to.

EVERNOTE is a NOTE app.  To make NOTES east to access and use and move.  This is not Evernote anymore, this is add more garbage because new versions need to happen, until it's now unusable with trapped users. 

What happened to Phil Libin's promise???

• Evernote Expert
8 hours ago, Reflexx said:
On 10/31/2021 at 8:24 AM, agsteele said:

Expand  

Both are garbage answers

With responses like that don't expect any help here. I share my experience of similar circumstances only to be abused. Feel free to acknowledge and say that doesn't work for you. But your full mouthed response would be better elsewhere.

• Level 5*
11 hours ago, Reflexx said:

That is Bull$hit. 
I have hundreds ofnotebooks, with thousands of notes
... remove my information one tiny bit at at time when I have almost 4,000 notes and then having to recategorize/stack all of them.

Agreed, the record # limit is a serious deficiency    
Agreed, the missing notebook assignment in the export is a serious deficiency

I'm still using the Evernote Legacy product, and my data backups include a weekly export of notes (20,000+)     
This is scripted to run automatically     
The v10 product lacks scripting features; another serious deficiency

Personally, I have minimal stacks/notebooks; basically a single filing cabinet notebook    
Evernote's primary organization tool has always been the Tags tool 

• Like 1

My apologies for using the harsh language and I am thankful for the help.  It's just very frustrating to have such a successful company not provide any technical support and pawn it all off on its users.  

The answers seem to be "it's just the way it is now so deal with it".  Imagine that answer from anyone else.  

50 notes at a time.  Seems like there is no reason it cannot be 500 at a time, unless the intent is making leaving very difficult.  And the suggestion to add tags to thousands of notes is also not remotely practical.

I'm prepaid for a year and I'll stick with legacy until it becomes risky.   Evernote will not miss me, but i will miss Evernote. 

And I had a company with 12-16 employees all on Evernote.  I was the "admin."

• Level 5

Accepted.

It is possible to set the 50 notes limit up, but it means messing with a settings file of the v10 client. And it still means loosing the note-notebook informations, which is why this is not recommended. The way to go is really notebook by notebook, naming each ENEX file after the notebooks name. Only this allows to re-create the original notebook structure.

This is no different on legacy, although there it is technically (!) possible to make a full export to one single file. It still is not recommended, for the loss of the notebook information.

Of course (clever mode on) users with few notebooks and a use of tags as main tool are way better off here, because they have less notebooks to export (clever mode off).

Since Support is provided by real people costing real money, access is restricted to subscribers. Company policy, they are free to decide as they think appropriate regarding free users.