Business Card scanning

• Level 5

You can scan.

It recognizes it is a business card, imports it as such and extracts some information from it, among it company, name, phone and e-mail.

From the app you can call the phone (if enabled in settings), and you can send a message or an e-mail.

if you want to add more information, like the back side of the card, or anything else, you can enter this in the note holding the card. You can have meeting notes here, a sales catalogue, order information, whatever.

You can even add a task, or several, to make the contact actionable.

WOW !

No, it does not update your contacts on your iPhone.

And goodbye (seems you can’t have everything at the moment).

As an alternative you can drop a support ticket, or send feedback at EN. I think an option to export the card as vcf would do, at least for me.

• 2 weeks later...

So to be clear- this feature of taking a business card and scanning it-previously you could effortlessly add to contacts in the iPhone is NO longer a feature?  Why? I don’t use EN as my way to contact people . Are they going to add this back or did I miss something on the process. 
I must admit-this was one of the coolest features I would show to prospective friends/colleagues to get the app-but it makes it less attractive if the card scanning to contacts in the iPhone is no longer an option.  Also where is the best place to learn about all the features of the product? 

please give some strong thought to adding the scan to iPhone contacts option back in. This was the reason I became a premium user years ago.

thank you- paul

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Every interaction of the app with other apps on the device needs to be coded, 1:1. At least they brought the function back to create an email or place a call right from the scanned cards note some releases ago.

The forum is user2user.

If you want to contact EN about it, use the feedback function build into the clients, or issue a support ticket.