Beack up note books

• Level 5

The usual way is to back up as ENEX, especially when talking about whole notebooks.

ENEX is a great option as well if you want to open a note inside of EN by simply clicking on a file outside of it.

Export to HTML is useful to view a note without an EN client around - it can be opened in any browser (although there was a bug that note attachments could not be opened from the web page).

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, alexsander11115 said:

Can I do back up for all note books in one time?

It's possible,  but highly inadvisable.  The ENEX and HTML formats don't include notebook metadata,  so you'll get a complete backup of the account but will lose any notebook assignments.  Better to use a script if you run Macs,  or a service like Backupery or CloudHQ for Windows to take care of backups automatically.

NB - the Windows variations are subscription services and may only work with Legacy for the time being.

• Level 5

Depends on what you want to do.

If you only want a backup, simply use any backup program, and make a backup of the EN data folder.

If you want something you can import into EN or another app without fuzz and recreate your notebooks, the answer is no. The best export to do the export is the ENEX file - and it does not support the note-notebook information.

You can use the legacy client to select all notes and make an export to ENEX - but the notebooks will be lost doing it. Or as @gazumped wrote use a scripting to run through all notebooks, exporting one by one. This works only on legacy either, no scripting for v10.

My method is to have the EN folder included in my TimeMachine backup - that is IMHO enough just to keep another backup, independent from the EN servers.

On 11/2/2021 at 12:09 AM, PinkElephant said:

ENEX is a great option as well if you want to open a note inside of EN by simply clicking on a file outside of it.

AFAIK double clicking on an ENEX  imports the note as a new instance

• Like 1