Evernote Security Issue

Alex Irving

Idea

I have had an Evernote account since 2009.   It's my constant companion.  Let me start by saying thanks for some great thinking software.  Excellent product.

Now to my grump -- I have installed my Evernote on another computer that gets used by others as well as me. I don’t have a way t secure my Evernote when I ‘Log Out’ of it, and/or ‘Exit’ the program.  Couldn’t it ask for my password or PIN to start up?  I’d be very appreciative if you could advance that suggestion forward in the list of new features in development. I can’t believe I am the only one with this dilemma.  Thanks.  Alex Irving

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, Alex Irving said:

I don’t have a way t secure my Evernote when I ‘Log Out’ of it

Log out is my solution to  "secure my Evernote"    
Your password is required to log in and access your notes

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, Alex Irving said:

I have had an Evernote account since 2009.   It's my constant companion.  Let me start by saying thanks for some great thinking software.  Excellent product.

Now to my grump -- I have installed my Evernote on another computer that gets used by others as well as me. I don’t have a way t secure my Evernote when I ‘Log Out’ of it, and/or ‘Exit’ the program.  Couldn’t it ask for my password or PIN to start up?  I’d be very appreciative if you could advance that suggestion forward in the list of new features in development. I can’t believe I am the only one with this dilemma.  Thanks.  Alex Irving

You have go to File - Sign out username to force a sign in the next time you start the program, legacy anyway.  Just clicking the x does not do the trick.

• Level 5

… and quitting the program without logging out does not do the job either. You need to actively log out.

But with the installed client there is still all of your data in a folder. If someone goes looking, he can find it. I am not sure if the „remove all data“ in preferences/settings really trashes this folder.

The classical solution for using EN on a shared computer is to use the web client, and run it in a privat window. Don’t click on the „remember me“ when logging in, and close the window after logging out.

To be super safe you can trash the cache and remove cookies as well - although running in a private window should take care of that.

Or use a mobile client ….

• Like 1