Evernote Web Clipper Chrome extension Icon - Add Menu Option link to www.evernote.com

itorres008

Idea

The extension places an Icon on the Chrome taskbar for opening Web Clipper. Right click shows menu for allowing clipping, options, etc. This is handy. However, when in normal everyday use we want to open Evernote Web, we need to have created our own shortcut beforehand, type the address on the browser or other option.

It would be very helpful if the Web Clipper right click/context menu had an option to go to Evernote Web. You already have an Icon there that could provide the functionality and make it easier for users to use your product.

Thanks.

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Web clipper has a settings option that will open a note after a clip is completed,  but if you simply want to open Evernote.com I would have thought a browser shortcut would be much quicker than opening Clipper,  waiting a second for it to recognise the page and offer to clip the content,  then choosing another option in the menu to open the app direct.  The shortcut is one simple, direct, step;  the Clipper route is adding an extra step to something which is already a busy environment.

• Like 1

I actually would have clicking the Icon go to the Web Page, and Opening the clipper in the right-click menu. That's likely because I use the webpage. Others may use the Windows App and have other preferences. For me, also a matter of space in the toolbar where I have many shortcuts that don't even fit and would like to have the link on an Icon that's already there.

One could always make it customizable for the user to set what clicking the Icon does.

• Level 5

On my browser using a shortcut opens right away. Opening the web clipper takes significantly longer, maybe because he it first „calling home“.

I don’t think adding a „go to my notes“ really makes sense, because it is a slower alternative to the fast & easy solution available for everybody through a browser shortcut.

If you have too many, it may be time to weed them out a little. Safari now got tab groups - very useful, I just go to my Evernote tab group and have everything I need.

• Like 1