Can't Delete Entire Line after Attachment Insert - New with Version 10.24

After updating to Windows Version 10.24, I can no longer remove entire empty line spaces below inserted attachment (documents, Pics, etc.).  In version 10.23, removing the extra empty line spaces was a simple delete, not anymore. See attached file for details.  The Red arrows indicate being able to remove lines spaces - no line space exists.  The Green arrow indicate lines spaces that cannot be removed by simply deleting or backspace. 

FChandler Sample Line Space Removal.png

• Like 1
  • Level 5

When I tried, this only happened when behind the empty line came no more, end of the note or (maybe more visible) the end of a table cell. I think the attachment is embedded into some HTML code, and this creates the effect of a visible, indestructible last line.

If you don't like it, issue a support ticket.

• Like 2
  • Evernote Expert

This is an issue in the new editor. It affects a number of inserted items. I get the same thing around some images that are placed in a note. I've also noticed it a few times when I've copied and pasted HTML coded content which leads me to concur with @PinkElephant that this is an HTML code issue. I can live with it quite easily but I'd certainly open a support ticket if it was a major thing.

• Like 1

No worries 👌  In my workflow I use such a lot of inserts into tables and the extra line would have been very invasive; I tried every option and found that workaround.  I reported all with screenshots and a screencast to support on the day .24 was released - they acknowledged and will be looking at it.  Hopefully will be patched up for us soon.

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...
  • Level 5

Looking at the relevance of it, I would call it slightly annoying - at most. But everybody is allowed his personal subject of drama.

If it is important to you, contact support. The forum is user2user - posting here will not make anything happen.

Slightly annoying for me too and I also noticed the issue/difference when it started happening as well.

I can't seem to get the right-click and 'delete' work-around to work for me on MacOS or Windows. But not a big deal -- I was just curious.

• 2 weeks later...

The workaround works for me on MacOS Monterey, Evernote 10.33.4.

In addition to the mouse-clicking way I have found that option+backspace also works! Much faster when deleting all the lines when placing plots into cells of a table.

Yet, the whole thing IS annoying.

• Level 5

Other options on a Mac are Shift-Backspace or Cmd-Backspace. All 3 work to remove the extra line; what does not work is ctrl-backspace.

Interestingly using an external Keyboard with a "Delete" key does not remove the extra line on a Mac.