Moving notes

OK, I'm NOT tech savvy and I figured out how to move a note to the notebook I want it in, but how do I then get it out of the general "notes" section? I want to clear the notes section and put them all into the appropriate notebook so that I know everything is where it's supposed to be.  Is this possible?  TIA

• Level 5*

Hi.  You can view your notes in a variety of ways in Evernote.  The default view is 'All notes' which is a list of all notes,  no matter which notebook they're in. There's no way to remove notes from this view.  If you select one note you'll find that it specifies which notebook it belongs to in the header lines.  To refine your view, click a hair to the right of the notebook name - there's a little arrow - and you'll see all the notes (and only the notes) in that notebook.  All notes belong to a notebook.  It's not possible for a note not to belong to a notebook.  To check to see how many are without a specific notebook home,  check out the Default Notebook (look in the left panel) for notes stored there.