Bypass Home Request.

Aaron123

Idea

I've been a paying user for many years. 

I've tried to use the evernote home feature for a while but really don't find it helpful at all. 

I would like the abilty to bypass home and upon opening the app on any platform go straight to the notes list,  to a specific notebook, or to a specific note.

5 replies to this idea

Hey  Pink, 

Android - goes to home for me on start-up. (Is there a setting I haven't found?) 

Web App - goes to home on login for me. 

Desktop (windows) - not sure. I'm exhausted from trying it then reverting back to legacy when there's been an update, lol. It's probably been 3 months since I last ran the new version. 

• Level 5

Mobile - will open on Home
Web - will open on Home
Desktop - will open on the last view

No setting, maybe you could somehow trick the web by adding something to the URL. But it looks cryptic to me, no idea if it works.

With the current update cycle, in 3 months you are missing 3-5 new versions. And each version has something new, in features and solved bugs. So probably you need to make up your mind: Stick with legacy, until it dies (I think from an OS update, not from EN pulling the plug), with nothing new, but what you know. This has no perspective, but could carry you quite a while - nobody knows for sure.

Or make your peace with v10 - I think it has potential to outgrow legacy.  Else there is no real option without pain: Look for an alternative, switch over.

4 hours ago, Aaron123 said:

Hey  Pink, 

Android - goes to home for me on start-up. (Is there a setting I haven't found?) 

Web App - goes to home on login for me. 

Desktop (windows) - not sure. I'm exhausted from trying it then reverting back to legacy when there's been an update, lol. It's probably been 3 months since I last ran the new version. 

For the web app just go to teh view you want and bookmark it.. For example I have one bookmark for my inbox notebook, one for all notes and one for home.

• Like 1