Why Evernote 10 is so slow on Windows and IOS and about 2400 comments but no solution

Hi, 

I have about 11K notes in Evernote and I use since 2009. I try Evernote 10 on Windows but too slow to open (25 sec) so I install Legacy version (4 sec). 

On my Iphone 11 I don't have the choice, so yesterday I take myself for 23 secondes to open Evenote and 10 more to add a new note. 

On my Chrome computer to open a note, I need 20 secondes. 

So I see 2400 comments about Evernote is slow, but I don't see any official answer : https://discussion.evernote.com/forums/forum/756-answerssolutions/ 

So what, Evernote is slow and it is for ever ? 

I don't see tips for make Evernote start quickly ? 

Why don't I see Official Answser to this trouble ? 

Why nothing about slow in last update ?  

Of course I love evernote and his clipper, but I don't understand why nothing moves on this case.

Regards 

PS : I hope have a official answer

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
On 10/28/2021 at 9:08 AM, Cedric73 said:

Hi.  Because this is a (mainly) user 2 user Forum.  If you'd like a direct response please raise a support ticket. And for the moment Evernote seems just to be.. slow everywhere...:(

Subscribers can raise support queries here - https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new and Free users here - https://twitter.com/evernotehelps (or use the feedback option in the mobile client). 

• Level 5

@Cedric73 If it is that slow on an iPhone 11, something is not OK - not at all. EN is even running faster than that on our 2015 iPhone 6S+.

iPhone 11 Pro Max, something above 7k notes. EN takes 4 seconds from touching the app symbol until the HomeScreen is open.

If I have not used the app for a while, and there are notes to sync, I have a little waiting time now while it downloads. But if I had it in use and there are no downloads waiting, it is that: 4 seconds. Open a note: 2-3 seconds.

Setup: iOS 15.1, EN iOS 10.20, good WiFi, Gigabit landline internet. But it is the same when I switch over to 4G/LTE mobile network.

To see what is amiss, I would try first to switch the iPhone once completely off, wait a little and on again (Apple logo must show).

After this, if no improvement shows, I would skip the intermediary parts, and go directly to reinstall:

Log out, dump all data if asked, uninstall the app, switch the iPhone off, on again, download EN from the AppStore, install, log in - and when it now starts downloading, wait without using the app until the initial download is done.

Try again.

On 28.10.2021 at 11:08, Cedric73 said:

Hi, 

I have about 11K notes in Evernote and I use since 2009. I try Evernote 10 on Windows but too slow to open (25 sec) so I install Legacy version (4 sec). 

On my Iphone 11 I don't have the choice, so yesterday I take myself for 23 secondes to open Evenote and 10 more to add a new note. 

On my Chrome computer to open a note, I need 20 secondes. 

So I see 2400 comments about Evernote is slow, but I don't see any official answer : https://discussion.evernote.com/forums/forum/756-answerssolutions/ 

So what, Evernote is slow and it is for ever ? 

I don't see tips for make Evernote start quickly ? 

Why nothing about slow in last update ?  

Of course I love evernote and his clipper, but I don't understand why nothing moves on this case.

Regards 

PS : I hope have a official answer

We need that solution, very much, it's life or death for the product

• Level 5*
17 minutes ago, gafaraha@gmail.com said:

We need that solution, very much, it's life or death for the product

I very much doubt there's one solution - some users don't have any problem with slow speeds on any device,  others have some device issues,  still others can't make anything work;  but from outside the problem it's impossible to tell whether this is related to the number of notes,  the type or age of device,  or the speed of the internet/ network at some locations.  Overall the best thing to do is report issues to support whenever they arise.  Support can analyse the details and -hopefully- fix (or at least improve) issues as they are identified.

Subscribers can raise support queries here - https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new and Free users here - https://twitter.com/evernotehelps (or use the feedback option in the mobile client). 

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
59 minutes ago, gafaraha@gmail.com said:

It's just not my issue only, I have 8 close people using Evernote, and whole community hates new version, iPhones, windows, androids, macOS > it's slow everywhere, we a use for damn legacy now, and jailbreak old Evernote versions, and 8.13 on Android.

Same principle still applies - if individuals report their issues to Support the company have some idea of how bad the problem is,  and may be able to help in some cases.

• Evernote Expert
1 hour ago, gafaraha@gmail.com said:

It's just not my issue only, I have 8 close people using Evernote, and whole community hates new version, iPhones, windows, androids, macOS > it's slow everywhere, we a use for damn legacy now, and jailbreak old Evernote versions, and 8.13 on Android.

The point is that this isn't a universal experience. I'm (currently) in the fortunate situation of having good response times in Windows and Android. I know this isn't true for everyone but illustrates the complexity of the problem. PLEASE raise a support ticket. If everyone with an issue did this it may get more attention.

All that said, the Devs are aware that performance isn't as good as they would like. The latest v10.25 for desktops is said to have some performance improvements.

• Like 2