Cannot delete notebook - tried everything - longtime Evernote veteran user

Hello! Longtime (10-year) Evernote user. I have over 10,000 notes and 120 notebooks in Evernote, and have taught many neighbors how to use Evernote in seminars I teach twice a year, so I am not a newbie. But this one stumps me.

I have been trying to delete a notebook for the past two months. The notebook in question has 0 notes in it, and is not shared.

I have tried deleting it on macOS client, in iOS client, and on Evernote web client. In every case, the "Delete notebook" option is grayed out. See attached screenshots from macOS -- same issue on iOS app.

I'm on macOS 12.0.1 (but the problem has been present since August before Monterey launched yesterday) and iOS 15, current versions of EN app on both.

Any ideas would be welcome.

Screenshots.pdf

• Level 5

Could it be that this notebook is somehow set as default notebook ?

Between "Add to Shortcuts" and "Add to stack" there usually is the menu option to set the notebook as default notebook.

If this option is missing, it means that this notebook IS set as default notebook. And the default notebook can't be deleted.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That was it!

It took me awhile to find where it was set as the default, but once i did, and selected another notebook as default, I was able to delete it! THANKS!

(The default notebook is set in Settings —> Notebooks —> Default Notebook)

• Like 1