When inserting Camera image into existing note, Save button does not work

IMG_9663.thumb.jpg.d4b675a99ab520abf62af7edeae0c763.jpg

Setup:Evernote for IOS version 10.19, IOS 15.0.2, iPhone 13 Pro

Steps to reproduce:

1) start a new note - give it a title

2) start entering text in body of note

3) Tap '+" button for access to insertable items

4) Choose Camera

5) Auto-capture an image of something - in my case, a small piece of paper with hand-written text

6) Hit Save

7) The Save button momentarily disappears and then reappears a fraction of a second later. But nothing is saved

😎You are stuck on this page.  The only way to get out is to Cancel.

Attached a screenshot of the screen with Save button that does not work circled.

If instead, when creating a new note you first choose "Camera" instead of "Note", capturing and saving the images works fine.  So the problem seems to be in inserting images into an existing note.

Edited by Grateful Moon
Narrowed down circumstances when bug happens. Typos & formatting.
  • Grateful Moon changed the title to When inserting Camera image into existing note, Save button does not work
  • Level 5

No problem on my iPhone 11 Pro Max with iOS 14.8, EN 10.19.

So either this is specific to iOS 15, or you need to use a little trick: Tap on the little preview picture below the camera view. Wait until it opens, save now. I don’t need this step on my iPhone, but I am still running trusted software … waiting for 15.1 before I upgrade (no option on a 13, I know).

• Level 5

Could be - sometimes a little thing gets stuck, and blocks a function. Often closing the app, switching off the device, updating the app or the OS or other actions unblock it in the background.

Good it it returned to work as expected again.

I have the same issue as Grateful Moon had.  Latest is and EN 10.2.  iPhone 12Pro.  Save button doesn't respond after I take a photo to insert in a note.  EN hangs and I have to swipe up to get my phone to respond again..  Any ideas or is this an EB bug that people are only first discovering?  

• 2 weeks later...

I contacted support for this and was told it's a known issue they're working on.  

The workaround they gave me works:  Go to iOS settings, Evernote, Photos, and set Photos permissions to "All Photos".  I didn't love giving Evernote permission to all my photos, but I did it and it now works.  

SE

• Level 5

👍

You should probably rethink your strategy of granting permissions. When you give „EN“ permission to access your photos, it is giving the app EN, installed on your device the permission to access your Photos app on that same device for working together. Saving a picture into photos, moving a photo from the camera roll to EN. It is only „on device“, and it only happens when you ask for an action involving Photos.

You don’t give EN (the company) the permission to go to Photos (on the iCloud server) to do some uncontrolled action. It is only on device, and under your control.

It is different with other apps that - for example - want GPS access. A calculator that needs GPS access ? Well, quite obvious: They either want to know where you are to play the right ads, or to make and sell a profile of you. DENIED …

So probably think a moment about whether the permission will serve yourself, or is unrelated to an apps core function.