Why does latest version of Evernote not work with Windows 11?

So I tried to sign into the web version this morning, asked me to change my password. Checked email, said if I didn't want to change password could just carry on as normal. Tried logging into pc version, same thing, tried mobile, same thing; then I realised it was probably because my pc has just upgraded to Windows 11.

So reluctantly I changed my password,  to find that I can only use a previous version of Evernote.

So why hasn't the latest version been made compatible with Windows 11?

How does one get any service from a  help desk with Evernote?   Can't find any answers and I can log in to Evernote on my ipad and on web - just can't access with my Windows 11 machine - might be the vote in favor of OneNote

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...
  • Evernote Expert

I'm not sure we can say that Evernote does not open on Windows 11 generally but clearly you have an issue. So some extra information will help explore a solution for you.

Which version of the Evernote application, which OS, which subscription package are you on? If a v10 desktop application is it the direct download from the EN website or from the app store. If you are on the Free service, how many devices have you connected?

In the meantime, if this is a desktop v10 application, you could try uninstalling and remove the data directory. Then reinstall. 

• Thanks 1
  • 2 months later...

Sorry for late response. Please find the additional information below.

Evernote application version : 10.35.3

Direct download from Website is currently in my laptop (I tried the app store version, but then uninstalled it)

Number of accounts : 2

Subscription package for both accounts : Basic 

Account 1 - number of devices - Mobile and Laptop

Account 2 - number of devices - Only Laptop

Going to try uninstalling the application and delete data directory. I did uninstall before but did not delete data directory.

• Evernote Expert

No reason for it not to work. I'm running Evernote 10.36 on Win 11.  The only Win 11 issue I'm aware of is with the Evernote screen clipper. The Windows clipper traps the Evernote clipper. An issue created by Microsoft. :(

• 2 months later...

Had the same issue after update. Roby's solution worked for me.

On 5/3/2022 at 2:57 AM, roby.rakesh said:

After uninstalling and deleting all folders with "Evernote" in C:/ , I did fresh install and its working now. Hope it continues to work :)

• 6 months later...