This is getting beyond frustrating. At random times, EN just starts duplicating "alternate versions", even as I'm still writing on the original.  I saw this problem several months ago and now it's back again.

Any chance EN can get core functionality working instead of bells & whistles?

image.thumb.png.abd2d43a0ce7f3428f894e34ccc1163f.png

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
52 minutes ago, Tc_Texas said:

Any chance EN can get core functionality working instead of bells & whistles?

Reported many times in different threads - everyone does not have the same experience. 

Standard responses include:

• Do you have a solid network connection?
  • Is Evernote currently open on any other connected device?
  • Have you reported this to Support?
  • 2 weeks later...

This is a regular problem for me.  I have reported several problems since we migrated to the "new and improved" evernote.  The only good thing about the new version of evernote is the Tasks feature.  OTW... I'd just as soon go back to the old.

• 2 weeks later...

Same here, except that in addition to creating 2 duplicate notes, the meeting notes I have been taking for an hour didn't save. So I now have 3 versions of the note from an hour ago that are all indistinguishable, with no way to recover text from the last hour's worth of notes for an important meeting. There is no note history available for free users, at all. It might be time to move away from Evernote if "pay to play" is their new business model for basic customer support... 

This problem is becoming more common by the day. With no solution in sight, I could not wait any longer. I uninstalled the latest version of EN Desktop for Windows and installed the "legacy" version 6.25.9198. It has been running much better, faster, and has not created any duplicate notes.