Login goes to a black screen

For about the last six months, every time I login to Evernote on my iPad, I get a brief glimpse of the Home screen, then it goes black and won’t do anything from there.  This has remained true though multiple de-installations and installations and multiple updates of both EN and iPadOS.  I contact support periodically, but just keep getting a seemingly automated message that they’re checking with engineering, then eventually they mark the ticket as solved, even though they haven’t done anything.  

• Level 5

Which iOS version is running on your iPad ?

Which model ?

When EN is installed on your iPad, and you go to iOS settings, general, iPhone memory and look up EN: How much space is it taking from the total memory available ?

When you uninstall, did you do it be removing the app on the Home Screen, or did you go to these iOS settings, and removed the app from there ? After removing the app, did you switch the iPad completely OFF before switching on again ?

Did you try a forced restart of the iPad yet ?

Currently 14.8

iPad Pro (12.9), 3rd generation

213.6 MB

I've done this several times now.  I believe I have always removed the app from the Home Screen.  I have sometime switched the iPad off/on (including the most recent attempt), but not always.

If "forced restart" is different from "turning off and on again," then I don't know how to do that.

[BTW, I have now upgraded the OS to 15.1]

I removed it via the settings and did the forced restart, and I still get the black screen.

Interestingly, with the new OS, it offers me multi-tasking options, so (for instance) I can now have a black Evernote window running off the the side of some other app.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I have the same issue but on iPhone 11.  I updated the EN, when I went to login, I get the Black Screen with the Evernote Icon, but cannot login.  

Q: If I uninstall from settings, then add the EN App, will any notes that I had right before I updated be lost?

Thank you for any help.

• Level 5

Give a try first through iOS settings: Disable dark mode in Display & Brightness.

If this doesn’t help, you can uninstall the app. Then switch the iPhone off, wait some seconds, turn it on again (Apple logo must show), and reinstall. Log in, and wait the initial download of your notes to run through.

If everything was working fine before updating, all your notes have been synced to the EN server, and are kept there. If you want to be sure (and on a subscription, because the web client is counted as another „device“) you can have a look at the server database by using the web client.