Why do my Word docs now have an Evernote icon in front of them in File Explorer, etc?

When I seek to open a file in File Explorer, or Word, all the files that are listed now have the Evernote elephant icon in front of them. They used to have the Word "W," or other fonts, in front of them. Can someone explain why this changed, and what it means? Thanks.

• Level 5

It is a bug with the latest Windows installer for the EN app. It changes the standard app related to some other programs. EN knows about it and is working on a fix.

If you search in the forum a little you will find workarounds. Basically it happens by changing the settings back manually.

The installer for the Mac doesn’t show the issue.

11 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

It is a bug with the latest Windows installer for the EN app. It changes the standard app related to some other programs. EN knows about it and is working on a fix.

If you search in the forum a little you will find workarounds. Basically it happens by changing the settings back manually.

The installer for the Mac doesn’t show the issue.

I don't have the issue on my PC either...

• Level 5

You can set standard app again in Windows settings, Apps, Standard App.

Since it is a bug in the installer, it won’t happen while using EN, only when installing it. EN is aware of the problem, I think they fix it before releasing the next installer.