Simplify sidebar for vertical space

Kuharido

Idea

There is too much unnecessary vertical space taken up on the side bar

The back/forward, username, search and new note can be collapsed in one row either in a header bar like the previous version or into smaller icons in the side bar

Especially the New Button is way too large and prominent detracting from a pane used for navigation primarily 

2 replies to this idea

On 10/19/2021 at 8:21 AM, Kuharido said:

There is too much unnecessary vertical space taken up on the side bar

The back/forward, username, search and new note can be collapsed in one row either in a header bar like the previous version or into smaller icons in the side bar

Especially the New Button is way too large and prominent detracting from a pane used for navigation primarily 

Please. I knew something was frustrating and I hadn't realized it.  But makes life so much harder.

• Level 5

What makes IMHO life harder is endless (and pointless) discussions about how the GUI is looking.

Some think they can cramp everything denser and denser, make all buttons really small, reduce font size etc. No, this does not lead to a better efficiency, simple ergonomics show this. You can select some positions to show or be hidden, and that is it. I know apps that space things far wider than EN does - and are still good examples of usability and efficient use of screen space. For me (being a bit older) it is just fine as it is.

My personal wishes for visual functions are more going into better overview and handling of tags and notebooks. The tag page in legacy is still far better when it comes to tag gardening, as an example.