Getting Started... For a Really Long Time

Hi!  I recently switched to EN, so this could easily be an issue between the seat and the keyboard, but in the last couple of days I've tried to use the online version on a couple of different machines and install the desktop app on a fresh machine.  It seems to hang on the "Getting Started" screen for over an hour.  I can't actually say how long this would go on, or if it would ever complete because I've ultimately given up and gone on to some other task each time.  I'm not sure if it matters, but both of the devices are MacOS.  I... would really like to take a few notes.image.thumb.png.212ab4a41fcf0b96b53f49c5ec41733b.png

• 4 weeks later...

I have the same problem

- I closed every evernote background process in task manager

- I rebooted once

- I removed the appdata/roaming folder to have the system create a new from scratch : it's a trick I learned on this forum and that worked in the past.

Nothing works. After 8 hours since the last boot it still doesnt get past "getting started". 

For the record I have about 22000 notes.  But this is the first time it's still stuck there in spite of doing all the previous things listed above.

Internet does function even though it was kinda slow to start.

Any way to solve this ? the web is not a long term solution, not even mid-term. 

• Level 5

This is weird. Since it seems you can't reach the menu (I think so), it is probably the best to run a complete reinstall.

If you don't have it yet, get the app AppCleaner. Install it, start it. Drag the EN icon from the program folder on the AppCleaner window. It will search all program components now.

It will show a list of components - some are checked, some maybe not. Check them all ! Scroll down to make sure you have not left anything out.

Hit Delete.

Restart the Mac. Go to evernote.com, download the installer, Install. Log in. Done ?!

In case it still does not work, contact support.

You can use the web client while the app gets fixed. Go to evernote.com, log in with your account credentials. It will take you to your notes on the EN server. The web client is close to feature parity with the installed client.