URL of a note cannot be deleted or added! Please make this available again!

BEHA

Idea

In former Evernote versions the URL of a note in "note information" could be edited:

either the URL could be deleted or an URL could be added at note's information.

This ist important, because if you add snippets etc. from a website for example, then a note's information contains that URL, but you don't want the note to contain an URL at all.

Or, other case: you would like to add an URL to an existing note's information.

Currently you can do nothing with a note's information: nothing can be added, nothing can be deleted there like it was possible in Evernote 6.

Please make this feature available again. Thanks

Screenshot_20211014-195850_Evernote.jpg

6 replies to this idea

• Level 5

@BEHA Your feature request is to make the URL editable on mobile EN.

Nice one, got my vote.

And no, I am not going to get my first Android device ever just to test anything. Many times things work on both mobile platforms, a few don‘t. As you just found out yourself …

10 minutes ago, BEHA said:

In former Evernote versions the URL of a note in "note information" could be edited:

either the URL could be deleted or an URL could be added at note's information.

In case it helps the url can still be changed or deleted using  the desktop or web versions. I don't understand the logic of not letting you change it in the Android version.

10 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

On iOS (Safari) it is possible to tell the browser to request the desktop site - then it works.

I doesn't understand your comment, it doesn't help here at all!

This is a topic in the Android forum! It is a feature request for Android!

And at Android that does NOT work!

33 minutes ago, BEHA said:

I doesn't understand your comment, it doesn't help here at all!

This is a topic in the Android forum! It is a feature request for Android!

And at Android that does NOT work!

We are always keen to give workarounds to help before the suggestion is hopefully implemented. I voted up your suggestion before I gave a possible work around and said I didn't understand why it is not possible to do this on Android. @PinkElephantwas explaining how on ios you can circumvent EN not running in a browser and wondering whether something similar is possible on Android.

Please understand that if I suggest a workaround, and I expect others feel the same, it is not saying that your suggestion has no merit it's just that in practice it may take some time to implement or never be implemented.