Web clippings on the iPad always very narrow

All web clippings made on the iPad end up in Evernote as very narrow view ports. In the screenshots you see Safari on the iPad with the German version of an Evernote blog posting and the resulting web clip of it in the Evernote app on the same iPad.

8B6ED0F5-4F88-4697-BDC7-16A0B0A4FE76.png

98C85DB6-6881-4015-A007-2AD705414B9C.png

• Level 5

Yes, there is a problem - it was already mentioned in other threads. It does not only happen to web clips, it was mentioned it happens to emails in HTML format as well. It seems something is broken with the HTML interpretation on iOS.

Currently no fix, waiting for a future release.

You could issue a support ticket.

• Thanks 1
  • 2 months later...

Even if this is a problem in Apples WebKit  browser, it should be possible for Evernote to work around. I opened a support ticket months ago, the bug has been confirmed, but nothing happended. What if Apple did not fix it? For me, maybe for other people too, WebClipper is one of the main function used in Evernote, but currently useless on the iPad. Annoying.

With the update today (January 5, 2022) they have finally fixed it! It is not in the update description, but it works now as expected. They also made the menu a little bit better optimized for the iPad. And this is actually mentioned in the update description. In fact I think it is the first time the iPad is addressed in an update description since the release of v10. A glimpse of hope that they might know the iPad exists after all.

Thanks for the update. Yes, I can confirm, displaying of WebClips now is working as expected. And yes, I think the iPad will still exist for a while 😉 

Interesting coincidence: yesterday was the first time, I posted in this forum!