Can't start Evernote. Error alert message says restart or shut down.

• Level 5

OK, then a possible cause is that you exceed the device limit.

Go to your account settings, tab devices. The maximum is 2 (Web Client counts as well as a device), if you want to add a device you need to be down to 1. Revoke as many devices as necessary to get back into the limit.

Try again to log in.

Thank you for the information! On my iMac it will not even let me click on account setings before the alert message pops up and on my phone I can't use it...perhaps because I'm logged in here now. On the setting here in the browser it says recently logged in devices is browser and iMac only though...

• Level 5

You mentioned iPhone, Mac and browser - this already makes 3 devices.

My impression is that the devices tab does not always update itself perfectly. Mine is for example showing the last login into the web client as 9 months ago - but I use it pretty frequently, on different browsers. Have no problem, since I am a subscriber.

As a user, I can think of 3 options here:

1) Try to unsync one of the devices, see if it logs in now.
Caution: The number of unsyncs is limited to 2 per month as well, so not much room for experimenting here. It might result in a complete lockout for 30 days, that can only be lifted early by subscribing for a month.

2) Try support, choose „Account“ as ticket type
https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

3) I could try to flag your post to EN staff - the devices tab should work correctly, because it is important in cases like this.

Up to you which road you want to take. For option 3 I need a feedback from you.

• Shane D. pinned and featured this topic