Duplicate notes created Mac 10-215 & IOS ??

Since the 10.X updates, duplicate notes appear on both MAC and IOS version.  i.e. If I edit an existing note called "To Do" on the MAC and later open it in the IOS version, the previously synced version will be on the IOS and a warning will occur that a duplicate note was found.  This can also work from IOS to MAC.  Thoughts?

• Level 5

Only the general advise tho make sure all notes are synced before switching devices.

On the Mac this can be reached by quitting the app (cmd-q), not only closing it. By only closing it it will continue to run in the background.

Remark: I run my EN on Mac (v10 and legacy) and several iOS devices - and have no duplication.

Over the last few weeks on EN for Mac I have experienced several instances of two to four copies of notes being created while I am working on them. These are notes that I edit exclusively on the desktop, never open them on my phone. I am running Big Sur 11.6 and using latest EN update.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, emtothegee said:

Over the last few weeks on EN for Mac I have experienced several instances of two to four copies of notes being created while I am working on them. These are notes that I edit exclusively on the desktop, never open them on my phone. I am running Big Sur 11.6 and using latest EN update.

yes, this is exactly my problem

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Duplication is an ongoing issue.

I think it should be reported to support, including an activity log. The more they receive, the better to isolate root causes. I think there are several hidden factors.

In general keeping notes short (and if they grow splitting them up) is one of the possible countermeasures for users.

I'm seeing the same thing.  Once yesterday and again today.  3 to 4 copies of the note showing up.  Then getting error at the top "We found more than one version of ...".

I'm using Mac version 10.22.3 and using iOS version 10.19. 

I've been using Evernote on both PC and Mac platforms for years.  I'd hate to have to go searching for another notes platform...

23 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

Duplication is an ongoing issue.

I think it should be reported to support, including an activity log. The more they receive, the better to isolate root causes. I think there are several hidden factors.

In general keeping notes short (and if they grow splitting them up) is one of the possible countermeasures for users.

in my case, I just started a new note and had written about 10 lines, when I noticed that there were already 4 duplicates (as I said no other EN clients were opened at that time)