HELP - I recorded an audio and it was too big.

I recorded a long and important audio note. When I wanted to save it,
got a response screen saying it was too big and l'd have to pay to upload but the file downloaded to my system. The file ended up getting corrupt in the note.

If it downloaded, Where could the file be? I'm going to be really upset if cannot have it. Its important. It's gonna be really upsetting and unfair if I don't have this because I wasn't aware of the size limit... 

• Level 5*

Hi.  Evernote's account limits are easily available - Evernote system limits

I'd imagine that your audio was recorded locally in a temporary folder,  and what you're hearing is the original file not a copy.  You could check to see what,  if anything is on the server by signing in to Evernote.com via a browser.  If there's nothing there,  there will be nothing to save.

When you say the file is corrupted - what happens when you try to play it?  Can you save the note attachment as a separate file and try that?

• Level 5

@Bryantua You can learn everything you need to know about audio recording in this help document:

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/208314418

Recovery would only have been available on v10 desktop, by saving the recording to a file. On v10 mobile and on all legacy clients exceeding the maximum file size results in a loss of the recording. And as a Free user (as I read your post) you are limited to 25MB, which is not much in terms of audio time.

In general I think it is contradictory to do something important while using a free account. If you would succeed to cut your recording early enough to avoid the limit, you could only save 2 such recordings in a full month before using up your monthly limit. IMHO is an inefficient format like audio quite a waste of the precious upload allowance.