Transformation: UPPERCASE, lowercase, Capitalise

Algol60

Idea

Please provide, for a selected text-string, change to all Uppercase, to all Lowercase, and to Capitalise. Example: change 'Ever nOte' to 'EVER NOTE' or 'ever note' or 'Ever Note'.

MacBook provides this transformation across all its text-processing.  It's something I use frequently.

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
On 10/7/2021 at 6:31 PM, Algol60 said:

Please provide, for a selected text-string, change to all Uppercase, to all Lowercase, and to Capitalise. Example: change 'Ever nOte' to 'EVER NOTE' or 'ever note' or 'Ever Note'.

MacBook provides this transformation across all its text-processing.  It's something I use frequently.

You're posting in the Legacy forum.  If that's what you're using,  there will be no further upgrades here.

• Level 5

… and if for v10, it may be a nice idea, but I really doubt EN is going to open the editor for it. They decided to keep the editor pretty lean, and I personally appreciate this !

You really don’t need it anyhow: On a Mac just install the little helper app PopClip (not free, but worth the price). It does a ton of nice little jobs on any selection, among it the uppercase, lowercase, capitalize conversion. It does word count, it does paste without style, it does … check it out yourself:

https://pilotmoon.com/popclip/extensions/