Annoying ghost notebooks in the sidebar

uhuru

Idea

I created and deleted some notebooks on Windows evernote (currently 10.22.3).And deleted notebooks are still there and this is very annoying.

Some notes deleted by mistake because I was confused notebooks.

I uninstalled evernote, deleted all related directories, reboot system, and reinstalled evernote, they are still there.

So I created a notebook with same name as deleted. Then tried to delete it, but it failed, impossible to delete two of them. Now I have two ghost notebooks with the same name.

I paid for using normal evernote not a faulty one. Why don't you fix this kind of problem for a long time? (I searched and found lots of people claiming this issue.)

7 replies to this idea

• Evernote Expert

These forums are users supporting users. If you want to raise this with sorry you'll need to raise a ticket. 

You searched and found many others with this issue. I've not seen or heard of this happening.

Have you checked the web browser Evernote?

17 hours ago, agsteele said:

These forums are users supporting users. If you want to raise this with sorry you'll need to raise a ticket. 

You searched and found many others with this issue. I've not seen or heard of this happening.

Have you checked the web browser Evernote?

Thank you for your information. I didn't know that this is a user forum. My evernote web sidebar also has a problem. There is a blank area in the middle of the sidebar and it take up about 3 lines, as much as deleted notebooks.

16 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

You may try this:

1. Go to File > Sign Out [name] from the menu bar.
  2. Select the "Remove my Evernote data from this device" option, then click Sign out.
  3. Restart your computer.
  4. Sign back in to Evernote

Else contact support:

I've done the same thing as your advice many times. In addition, I manually deleted the Evernote cache directories and reinstalled evernote. But the ghost notebooks were not deleted. I'm a software engineer, so I'm familiar with this kind of thing.