Evernote created multiple note files of 1 note that used up excess monthly storage

Last night (10/4/2021) I created a new Note to take notes during a Zoom class from my computer and captured + attached 11 screenshots. As the class was about to end I noticed a message across the top of my Note that said there was another version of the Note.

There were 3 additional Note files in the Folder for the single Note that I created and was still actively using. Considering I hadn't closed or left the Note window, I don't know how the others were created.

I've moved the 3 error Notes that Evernote created to that trash, but that won't add back the storage.

I'm wondering what Evernote's solution is when an error in their software created an excess of Note files for 1 single Note. I can't tell how much of the monthly storage space the attachments take up, but 1 note with 11 screenshots multiplied by 4 is a lot more than only the 1 original note that I created with 11 screenshots.

Screen Shot 2021-10-05 at 11.13.13 AM.png

• Level 5*

Hi.  You're posting in the Teams forums.  If you're using that software you won't have any problems with upload limits because they're stupidly high.  If you were using other software,  please confirm your device,  OS and Evernote version so we can move your query to the correct forum.

As to the duplicates,  these would be different versions of your note all of which may not be the same - you were apparently having some kind of connection issue -  probably because Zoom was using a lot of bandwidth - and the server saved what it could and then started again when the connection picked up.  That's a drawback of using a web-dependant app with another web service.  No bugs or faults involved,  just a creaky internet connection.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Let us assume a screenshot has 1 MB each, then we are talking about 12 vs. 48 MB, which makes a difference of 36MB.

On practically all subscriptions (maybe except the old Plus plan, that comes with 2GB monthly) this is hardly noticeable. And if on Free, I would not use a method that consumes that much memory for so little information, like taking screenshots.

On Free it is better to use a cloud service to hold the files, and only import links into EN. The same information, but only a few bytes instead of a megabyte, which is a million bytes (well, not exactly, but close enough).

• Like 1