(Archived) New Android download not syncing to or from

jolinda

Ever since I download the new version of evernote for android I can't access the internet to do the syncing. I can access the internet with the internet browser.

I get a note loading error "Note content could not be downloaded at this time. Check your network connection and try again", when I try to download a note from the headers. The headers all have those circles that sometimes seem to replace the "busy" sand timer. That may mean someting.

when I upload a note I get a org.apache timeout error .http.com. ConnectTimeout or a java.net SocketTimeout or a failed to download a emnl.

Does anyone know what's wrong?

Thanks

I have a problem that may or may not be related.

Last night I created a couple of notes on my android (AT&T Captivate). The notebook is an offline one. When I triggered sync on the android, it didn't upload it. I know this because when I was using the web I accidentally noticed they were not there. I created a note in the web interface, triggered sync on the android and the new note came down, but the notes created on the Android did not go up. I powered down the android then back up, triggered sync still the notes created on android were not visible via the web. I did a sync on windows client 3.5 the notes created via the web came down but of course the android ones didn't. I created a note on the windows client, synced. It appeared in the web client. I did a sync on the Android and the note created by the windows client showed up.

I finally deleted the two notes created on the android. Today I noticed windows and web indicated that notebook has 1112 notes. The android says it has 1117. I figured that some other notes haven't made it to the evernote servers. So on both web and the android I did a search "source:mobile.*" but that matched. So I don't know how to find the 5 notes on the android but not on the evernote servers.

I am having the exact same problem on my Droid X. Went to a conference this weekend and took about 10 notes. They show on my phone, but not on my desktop and not on the web version. 579 notes on desktop and web, 591 on phone. I've tried syncing it in wi-fi and non wi-fi area. I saw this problem in another thread as well. Seems like its a bug in the Android client. Hopefully I can retrieve my notes. They will be hard to replicate.

• 2 months later...

I using 2 device iPhone 4G and Samsung Nesux S.

I can read and view all notes on iPhone perfectly..

I can not read some pdf file on Nexus s. When i try to read note I get note loading error " Note content could not be downloaded at this time. Check your network connection and try again "

• 2 weeks later...

My phone wont upload any new notes I create on it, since the new version. I have rebooted the device with no change. Trying again just in case.

Any help would be greatly appreciated because it has turned a FANTASTIC app into a FRUSTRATING one!

Ian

My phone wont upload any new notes I create on it, since the new version. I have rebooted the device with no change. Trying again just in case.

Any help would be greatly appreciated because it has turned a FANTASTIC app into a FRUSTRATING one!

Ian

Please try to sync and then go to Settings -> Send log

email the logs to:android-preview@evernote.com

We'll take a look.

• 1 month later...

In general syncing would fail if the device runs out of memory.

Our app do post a notification to inform the user abt low memory condition.

We have got logs from some users which pointed that the devices were very low on memory.

• 2 weeks later...

I can sync from my HTC Desire Z (Android 2.2.1), and I see my notebooks and note titles on it, but for some notes (not all, but most) I can't see the preview and when I try to view them I get the infamous "Fail to download" message. Can you help me?

• 2 weeks later...

This seems to be a common problem with the new version. I'm seeing it too. I get the HTTP response code 304 error within about 2 seconds of the sync starting. I've logged a case with support but have yet to receive any kind of answer on this. I've tried all the suggestions, reinstall, check phone memory, etc, but nothing has worked.

Reported "last sync failed ... http response code: 304" on 4/20/11 generating case #228571. A quick reply asked me to forward the log file, which was done the same day.

On 4/30 I noticed and installed the update to 3.0.1. Installed that (after uninstalling, rebooting, etc.), but the problem persisted. Sent the log file again with a note about the update. Haven't heard anything since ... a bit frustrating!

Same issue here. I have several notes that I *can* view without issue, but several that return an error message. All of the notes that return this message are plain text notes without attachments.

Note loading error: Note content could not be downloaded at this time.  Check your network connection and try again later.

I get this regardless if I'm connected via WiFi or 3G (or even EDGE connection) with strong signals.

I have one of my three Notebooks tagged to sync offline, but none of the content syncs. The status always says "Waiting to download 198K" (yup, that's all that offline notebook is, 198k).

Please help.

Thanks.

Hi bluegrue,

Can you start a sync manually, wait about 30 seconds and then go to settings and send us the log? Also, after that, can you go and try to open one of the notes that fails to open and then go to settings and send us that log also?

Thank you for your help,

Jess

• 2 weeks later...
I get the HTTP response code 304 error within about 2 seconds of the sync starting. I've logged a case with support but have yet to receive any kind of answer on this. I've tried all the suggestions, reinstall, check phone memory, etc, but nothing has worked.

Any answer on this one?

I have the same problem. Notes are syncing, but thumbnails won't thumbnail sync fails with 304 - not a reasonable error, if you ask me?

Tried uninstall, reinstall, clearing cache etc., didn't help - I am on an Galaxy SII, problem came up with the new beta.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived