Inline Images

Okonomiyaki

Idea

There was a time when images in Evernote were inline with the text. Now images start on a new line. If you have text with small images that are part of the paragraph, it would be nice to once again have these images inline with the text. This way you're not breaking up a paragraph over a tiny image.

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5

From the basic design of EN notes I think it treats images as a container, holding the image.

Text is plain text, wrapped in HTML style code.

Both are placed in a pretty linear way, not in intermingled blocks like content management systems would probably do.

Result: Images take up their own space, text displays above or below it.

If you want to place image and text on the same visual level in a note, insert a table. You can then mix images and text, by putting images in one cell and text into another on the same row you can place it side by side.

I don’t remember EN had the ability to freely place image and text mixed up in former versions, but maybe I am wrong.

On 10/8/2021 at 8:15 AM, PinkElephant said:

I don’t remember EN had the ability to freely place image and text mixed up in former versions, but maybe I am wrong.

There was definitely a time when this was how it worked. I have one note in particular where I had many small images, the size of a capital letter, and they fit nicely. Now I have many paragraph breaks throughout the whole document.

• Level 5

Adding pictures in a smaller size is very simple: Put a table into the note, put the pictures into the table cells. You can now control the visual size of the pictures by changing the column width of the table. The good about this method: The picture files remain unchanged, no loss of quality.