cursor dissapears when switching windows

Often I'm taking some notes when watching a video presentation in the other window thus need to constantly switching between browser and evernote client I mean like 5-20s

And very often the client drives me crazy as I need to wait for the cursor like a few seconds, it seems the app is not responsive at all

• Level 5*

Hi.  I doubt you'll get the sort of response you're looking for from any app if you're switching so frequently.  You really need to do this on a split screen / two screens / two devices - I often watch videos and presentations on a tablet and take notes on a laptop.

• Level 5

Don't know the specs, but both activities sound like resource hogs.

Depending on the amount of memory and CPU power, it could be the tablet is swapping between RAM memory and flash memory. This would explain why it is taking a moment when switching apps.

Running EN and YouTube in split view on my iPad does not show this effect: Both apps are snappy, the cursor in the EN note stays active while I can interact with the video in the other part of the screen. When I switch to EN, I can start typing right away.

In general Windows on a tablet is still Windows, running on a tablet ...

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/5/2021 at 1:01 AM, gazumped said:

Hi.  I doubt you'll get the sort of response you're looking for from any app if you're switching so frequently.  You really need to do this on a split screen / two screens / two devices - I often watch videos and presentations on a tablet and take notes on a laptop.

It worked for the prior versions, this is the way I'm working for years.

I think split windows doesn't help either. What I see when evernote window gain focus it starts to save the note and for some reason it takes like 4-5 seconds and the window is locked during this time. So there're 2 areas to investigated or improve

- policy where a note is saved - is there a timer or  tiggered by evens like focus/unfocus

- this saving time I think is very long and it's not about my internet wire.

• Level 5*
8 hours ago, Arek R. said:

So there're 2 areas to investigated or improve

The problem is that the internet is much busier because lots more people now use it for meetings and work,  plus browsers are much heavier resource hogs because they're optimised for security,  and Evernote relies far more in version 10 on a live internet connection to keep data up to date.  I don't know whether Evernote could 'fix' the situation,  or whether they would want to because of the investment in time and effort against any actual benefit to a large number of users.  Regardless,  even if it happens any fix is going to take some time to implement.  Meantime you need to find a way to take notes that doesn't stress your system or network connection.  Maybe watch on one device and take notes on another in a local word-processor - save the file into Evernote when you've finished watching the talk...

• Like 1