Cannot create new notebook on legacy, V10, and webclient

Go to solution Solved by daniel.upton2@live.com.au,

I orginally posted this in a forum that is about to be archived, so as to have my problem resolved i have placed it here. I hope that is ok as it is relevent

Hi all,

I have a rather unique issue i am facing in that, i can create as many notes as I want in a existing notebook but once i go to create a new notebook I get a cannot sync (indicated by red sync button with exclamation mark inside it for legacy or the notebook will not create in either the V10 or Webclient) see videos below for visual across legacy, V10, and webclient

I think this issue has occurred more so since updating to OS Big Sur 11.6

Legacy Video - https://sharing.clickup.com/clip/p/t6907760/b5feb814-2e2e-43d6-8ec1-c905120f3822/screen-recording-2021-10-04-09%3A17.webm

V10 - https://sharing.clickup.com/clip/p/t6907760/f9b61a3b-65c8-44e4-9eb8-09162dc6e640/screen-recording-2021-10-03-15%3A23.webm

Webclient - https://sharing.clickup.com/clip/p/t6907760/2a8758cb-89d3-433b-8669-16980e2b7646/screen-recording-2021-10-04-12%3A09.webm

I have been unsuccessful in creating a notebook through evenote legacy, V10 - 10.22.3-mac-ddl-ga-2958 , and webclient

I have tried all the troubleshooting one could from completely uninstalling both the evenote legacy and V10 - 10.22.3-mac-ddl-ga-2958 to a variety of others

would like to know if anyone else is currently experiencing the same issue

1138232552_ScreenShot2021-10-04at12_12_47pm.thumb.png.8ee5ea3af0adf4e6163487755ab620d0.png

• Level 5*

Hi.  I killed your other post,  and I'd recommend you edit this one to remove your email addresses - this is a public forum so addresses can be harvested by spammers for future use.  I'm not a Mac user,  so someone else will probably be along to comment more knowledgably soon,  but when you were creating the new web notebook,  did I see a leading "." in the name field?  Could it be that .Test is not a valid name?

Cheers Gazumped and thanks for considering my question, i am stuck until i fix this? 

I was trying to create a user name (to hide my email) but couldn't for the life of me find where to do that lol I tried profile but that just showed my birthday and about me lol

name it shouldnt matter i would have thought I have used all types of symbols to organise my notes but I will give it another test tomorrow just to confirm your not onto something

42 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  I killed your other post,  and I'd recommend you edit this one to remove your email addresses - this is a public forum so addresses can be harvested by spammers for future use.  I'm not a Mac user,  so someone else will probably be along to comment more knowledgably soon,  but when you were creating the new web notebook,  did I see a leading "." in the name field?  Could it be that .Test is not a valid name?

I tried it our brother no luck

https://sharing.clickup.com/clip/p/t6907760/8c2a35e7-b826-4c7e-89fd-31f6c4814780/screen-recording-2021-10-04-21%3A46.webm

• Like 1
  • Level 5

BigSur 11.6 has nothing to do with the problem. I am running it myself, with 10.22 and legacy 7.14.

Have you already tried this ?

1. Go to the Evernote menu, Preferences, and uncheck „Keep data when leaving“
  2. Log out of EN (File menu), quit EN (cmd-q)
  3. If you want to be very sure, restart the Mac
  4. Open EN, log back in, wait for it to run an initial sync. 
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, gazumped said:

"couldn't for the life of me find where to do that"

That'd be here I think... https://discussion.evernote.com/settings/

Edited:  I originally quoted your email address too! Sorry!  (@PinkElephant pointed that out....   Thanks!)

Tried it but no option to change - see screen shots, which is annoying because i get abit of spam and this is a probably cause

Screen Shot 2021-10-05 at 7.46.58 am.png

Screen Shot 2021-10-05 at 7.47.03 am.png

4 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

BigSur 11.6 has nothing to do with the problem. I am running it myself, with 10.22 and legacy 7.14.

I tried looking for keep data when leaving in Evernote Legacy and there is no such option in any of the tabs via preferences

Just to be sure I assume you mean "Save data at log out"? 

Screen Shot 2021-10-05 at 7.52.55 am.png

Screen Shot 2021-10-05 at 7.54.49 am.png

5 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

Tried it and same result - https://sharing.clickup.com/clip/p/t6907760/6df237fc-6a51-417f-bc99-b3951e481245/screen-recording-2021-10-05-08%3A08.webm

I got a new load screen also and can show that it is unchecked

This issue literally has me gazumped lol its never been this bad and across all three clients there has to be something wrong evernotes end, I will explain below all the fault finding I have completed to try and fix it

Security

- I Checked that the firewall on the Mac was turned off (i thought it might be messing with the IP Connections effecting the Notebook syncing)

- The Chrome security is set to standard

- I have clean my mac installed and the malware monitor was turned off ( It was orginally on but i turned it off and tried the tests again)

Error Codes

- I have been receiving either a U6 Error Code or a S19 

Sync Fix tries

- I tried a Force Sync but that just lead to it spinning for ages (legacy only)

- Complete uninstall/reinstall with App Cleaner

- I didnt try a database rebuild as I assumed that the - Complete uninstall/reinstall with App Cleaner process is the same thing (let me know if i am wrong on this thinking)

Internet tests

- Tried with my iphone tether which uses a different IP address from my standard NBN connection

I understand that an activity log submitted here wouldn't be a good idea, is there someway i could get it to one of your more experience people, I have contacted support but I assume there snowed under with heaps of support issues or something

whats weird is it is happening on the web client as well, that what made me suspect it is an IP issue, i am quite noobish with all that though

Have you heard of anyone else having these issues across all three plateforms

Screen Shot 2021-10-05 at 8.07.10 am.png

Screen Shot 2021-10-05 at 8.09.10 am.png

• Level 5

For Business the limit is higher - 10.000 notebooks shared among team members, 1.000 individual ones, not shared.

About the procedure: I am on a user interface not running on English. So some menu items may be called differently. Yes, it is the „save data on logout“ that needs to be unchecked before logging out.

Then restart the computer, log back in, see if it solved the problem.

If not, there is still support. They even offer a chat during office hours, and the reaction time to a ticket is usually within 24hrs - they mainly work US west coast office hours.

You get an automatic answer per mail within minutes after sending your ticket, If you don’t receive it, something is wrong. 

• Level 5

Then the last arrow is a complete uninstall. I use the app AppCleaner to do this. It is important to remove all program parts including the data folders and files. By default they are not checked when AppCleaner shows the content it will remove - select them all, scroll down to the bottom of the list, don’t leave anything out of being removed.

Run the cleaning, the shut the Mac down. Restart it, go to Evernote.com and get the DMG installer for the Mac. Don’t use the version from the AppStore. Install, log in, and now wait for an initial download to run.

This is the final step I can take you to, from user to user. Everything further needs assistance from support. For Teams/Business users they Have a special support team, familiar with the special aspects of that plan.

• Solution
This isnt really a solid solution but what i did after much deliberation was set up a complete new user business account (paid for a new user) and share everything over, make myself admin and share edit/invite access after identifying that it worked on another work colleagues account. 

Its most likely a very rare issue so i thought to save everyone the trouble (both myself and technical staff) I would bite the bullet and do it.

I think it might solve an ongoing issue i have had with my account and syncing also, so probably worked out for the best