PLEASE make Evernote list widget for homescreen.

DaraPaige

Idea

I am begging the team to press forward on getting the list widget for the homescreen back on Android.

I have depended on evernote for almost a decade. Evernote single handedly helped me get my disability under control by helping me organize. Without this homescreen widget I struggle to remember to update my notes. A measly little widget bar with only 6 buttons doesn't satisfy. I need to see my recent notes. Seeing my recent notes was much more conducive to my work flow. 

There was also an extremely helpful 'add note shortcut to home screen' that was also removed. 

Please hear my plead. Please add these essential features back to Evernote. 

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
33 minutes ago, DaraPaige said:

I had an apk that worked on my s9. The apk doesn't work on my new s20. Just gets stuck on the log in screen. Read about that exact issue on here as well. 

I feel a HUGE loss from these missing features. 

Your APK issue is to do with the Android version on the different phones,  not an Evernote bug.  The older version is out of tech support but in any event the most one can do with a mobile app is uninstall / restart the device / reinstall.  If by 'missing features' you're referring to the new version,  what do you see as missing / impaired in version 10?  -All of this by the way is posted in the wrong tech forum,  so I moved the thread to the Android / v10 forums.

On 10/3/2021 at 7:15 PM, DaraPaige said:

There was also an extremely helpful 'add note shortcut to home screen' that was also removed. 

Hi, EN10 for Android still has some OS widgets. You can still add Evernote "action widget" on Android homescreen (OS level), you can choose what ever action you want the button to have (add simple note, camera and so on) beside that there is only the "action bar" you can chose which you already mentioned. You can even place a shortcut widget of any note in your EN on your Android homescreen via the three-dot-menu/"place note on home screen".

The Android app itself told me (when first using one of the remaining OS widgets), that EN staff is working on bringing back the list widget so maybe there is a glimmer of hope.  🙂

The old app 8.13.3 should work at least up to Android 11 (it did for me). For Android 12 we will see...

I am aware the apk for EN 8.13.3 was and is not being updated by EN.. It makes sense why it doesn't work on my new phone/OS.

I still desperately need the 'list widget' back in EN 10.. I'm personally struggling without it, and I know many other users are as well. 

(I don't know when they added the 'add note to homescreen' in the new evernote! I see it and just reapplied my notes back to my homescreen! Thank you Alxa!)

Thanks for the move Gizumped, I couldn't find this fourm in the options of the drop down menu. 

• Like 1