Web Clipper Article manually adjust +/- better control

boechat

Idea

The article capture is awesome, but sometimes it captures almost the entire page, and if we click in the (-) button it gets to short, showing only the title.

Would be great if we could manually free adjust the space of the article capture, not the entire page, just the text that we need.

To have control over the +/- buttons would be very good, because the "automatic mode" sucks.

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5

Modern web sites are build from blocks, stitched together by content management systems like WordPress. The web clipper is not free in where it places the cutout borders - they depend on the building blocks of the website visited.

In the end it needs to cut complete HTML page descriptions. If it cuts somewhere in between, the clipped content can't show without problems.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, boechat said:

Would be great if we could manually free adjust the space of the article capture, not the entire page, just the text that we need.

The good news is that you can! If you highlight what you want first and then hit the webclipper button a new option of saving the selection magically appears. It's not obvious but I discovered it years ago completely by accident. I even use it for quite short bits of text, where I could just copy and paste, because it automatically records the web address if I ever need to go back to it.

image.png.70060be0fd4467929e75aa819d6ab842.png

• Thanks 2