Notes are in the app but doesn't recognize tags

Go to solution Solved by Miekevson,

Okay so I have the app installed and started adding all my notes, I was contemplating moving to evernote but I may just hold off since, 1. support is not responding, 2. it's all messed up.

So, my web browser evernote is working fine but I would love to use the app on my computer. It was all working great until I shut down my computer and the next day, all my notes seemed to have disappeared.

Well, I found out they're all still in there but it's not recognizing all the tags I set.

Last night all of a sudden it all looked normal so I was like, okay, it maybe took time to sync. Mind you I only have 135 notes in there now so if it takes that long to sync that would be a problem for me. 

This morning I opened the app back up and I had the same issue. Some tags are recognized in the notes, but most are not.

This is a problem. I have a loom here to show you what it's doing, I made this loom when I thought my notes had disappeared. They actually are still there but if you search on tag name, it won't show the notes, though the tag still shows the note count, they're there and tagged accordingly.

Very odd and not a good thing, I need this to work, or a solution I can do myself when this happens so I don't have to wait on support for 3 days. That's just crazy. 

https://www.loom.com/share/5862ae39de1043a0b9e7b72c605058b8

• Level 5*

Hi.  If you click on a tag in the left sidebar,  you should get to see all the notes with that tag in the main window. I have no idea why that's not happening for you,  but you could check whether all your notes are available on line by signing in to Evernote.com,  and if they are,  try uninstalling and reinstalling the app.  It's possible that something got corrupted in the initial installation,  or you've changed something which is causing an issue.  A clean install is at least a good start...