Personal subscription - unwanted ads

Hello

I already have a personal subscription (more than 10 years paying customer)

1) why do I get commercial popups in a product I am paying for?
    I am working with Evernote, I do NOT want ads when I am working.

2) why suggesting to upgrade to plan I already pay for?

Screenshot:

Christophe 

image.png

Edited by Christophe Gevrey
removed duplicate image
  • Level 5

The why is hard to answer - maybe because people who did not pass the test for the coding department ended up in marketing ?

The how is easier (this worked for me): I clicked on „Upgrade“, and broke it off on the following page. Has not come back yet …

• Level 5*

In my experience most apps,  unless you already have the top-level subscription,  will remind you from time to time that an extra step is available.  Sometimes the marketing team make mistakes and remind you even when you have the highest level.  Unless it happens repeatedly,  it's usually not worth complaining,  because an algorithm somewhere has your name on it.

If you do find this is interrupting you regularly,  then it's right to raise it with Support - which we're not.  These Forums are mainly user 2 user - subscribers can raise support queries here - https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new 

6 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

The why is hard to answer - maybe because people who did not pass the test for the coding department ended up in marketing ?

The how is easier (this worked for me): I clicked on „Upgrade“, and broke it off on the following page. Has not come back yet …

Yes, I tried that too.

Side note: how do you manage to be on these forums that often? If I am not mistaken, you are not an EN employee, are you?

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, gazumped said:

In my experience most apps,  unless you already have the top-level subscription,  will remind you from time to time that an extra step is available.  Sometimes the marketing team make mistakes and remind you even when you have the highest level.  Unless it happens repeatedly,  it's usually not worth complaining,  because an algorithm somewhere has your name on it.

If you do find this is interrupting you regularly,  then it's right to raise it with Support - which we're not.  These Forums are mainly user 2 user - subscribers can raise support queries here - https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new 

I did write an email to the support.

And I disagree that popups are tolerable for a working tool.

There is already an ad in the product:

image.png.6b69d08f7dacaf473221e453bcd33358.png

• Level 5*
1 minute ago, Christophe Gevrey said:

Side note: how do you manage to be on these forums that often? If I am not mistaken, you are not an EN employee, are you?

Not an employee,  but I have been around for a very very long time...  ^_^

• Like 3
  • Level 5*
On 10/2/2021 at 9:17 PM, wolfmansm said:

If we take the upgrade offer, does that price apply every renewal year or is it a 'one-time' sale price that they get to charge more for when it renews?

Special price for one year;  the normal price (whatever that then is) applies at renewal.  It's possible to downgrade to Free at any time during the year,  then upgrade again if there's another special offer to attract subscribers.  (The downgrade applies from the next anniversary date).

• Like 1