Account Merged and Deleted?

I've been a paying customer of Evernote for years. I recently updated my email address in Evernote from one email address to another one.

It appears that when I log in to my account that the account is now an account I opened in 2013 under the second email address. In other words, it appears that by updating my email address, that my evernote account merged with an old account. All of my notes are gone.

Please advise on how I can regain access. It appears it is completely gone. These notes have things I cannot lose in them.

• Level 5*

Hi.  Your email address 'update' would have failed,  because one address cannot be used on two accounts. You appear to be logging directly into your old account rather than the new one.  Try using the original email address to log into your main account again.  Evernote.com has a 'forgotten password' option if you're no longer sure of the password.

Change your account login email address

• Level 5

As explained, your did not change the mail address of the new account, you were transferred to the old one instead.

It is no good practice to use an old address for a new account. You see what can happen.

If you need to get rid of the mail address of your new account, get yourself a completely new mail address, and switch the account over to it.

If you want to have everything in one account, here is an official EN document describing how to do this:

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209004867