Locked out and desperately need my ENEX file - help please!

CS9

Idea

Hoping someone can provide some helpful suggestions. I’ve had on-going issues with getting Evernote working on my computer after a recent update. While trying to troubleshoot, I’ve had to unsync and resync  my computer. Long story short, I’m now locked out of my account and have lost 2+ years worth of meeting notes and next steps. Any advice on how I might be able to create an ENEX file without being able to log in?!?!

6 replies to this idea

• Level 5

To cut it short: No, you can’t produce an export without being logged in. It would contradict the logic of logging in if you could go and grab content through a backdoor. If this worked, it would be a first class security fail.

Your notes are dry and safe on the server.

Option 1 is to wait 30 days until the account is resetting.

Option 2 as posted by @DTLow is to subscribe - this unlocks the account immediately.

Remark: Don’t use a free account for anything professional.

Thank you. Any suggestions on who I might contact to waive the 30-day reset? It is ridiculous to me that I am locked out given that I was trying to FIX a problem with the most recent update that was (according to the error message I kept receiving) a problem on the EN end, not mine. As for not using a free account for anything professional, well, if the tools my organization provides are garbage and they won't pay for other solutions, the free one it is. They don't pay me enough money to fork out personal expenses on stuff like this!

• Level 5

The contact you need is the subscription page, and the fee is a month of subscription.

Sorry, but it is the value of a cup of „hot to go“ to get access to your notes. If you can’t spare it, access can’t be that important for you.

This is my personal opinion, user 2 user.