Repeatedly unsync devices that I dont have, even I changed my password.

I always use evernote on my Android & Macbook. I always use 2 devices only. But, from 2 previous years, Evernote always asking me to unsync my devices, if not i need to upgrade. When I review my Devices List, it always listed 1-3 iphone devices along with my Android & Macbook. But I don't have any iphone. It really annoys me. It doesnt matter how many times I change my passwords, even a very difficult one, using random characters, and still once a while, evernote always asking me to unsync device or i need to upgrade. It always diplay iphone devices in the Devices List even tho I dont have any iphone, and i had changed my password many times. Is it a scam to force Basic Account user to upgrade? It really annoys me to unsync the devices that I don't have.

And today, once again, Evernote asked me to unsync my device even though I only use my Android and Macbook. When I check the list, it display again iphones along with my own devices. But when I try to unsync as always, Evernote said that I has unsync 2 times before, so it sign me out from my app. Try to login again, it repeat again, it says i have unsync 2 times then sign me out again. The only way to proceed is to upgrade. Is it a scam to to force Basic Acount user to upgrade?

I try to unsync the Devices thru Evernote Web. And its settled. But is it a scam to force me upgrade? Serius la weh. Nak nipu agak-agak lah weh.

Just popup your ads and give the option. But dont trick me to unsync repeatedly devices that i dont even had. Its really annoying.

IMG_20210928_113552.jpg

Screenshot_20210928-112535.jpg

Screenshot_20210928-112541.jpg

• Like 1
  • Level 5

If I were you I would be bothered about the security of my account:

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004395487

To verify if it is a third party device you can look up the IP address in access history. If it is different from the one you get on your known devices, it is another hint that somebody else is accessing your account.

And sure, any device is counted - those owned by hackers visiting your account as well as your own. No conspiracy theory needed to explain what is going on.

I'm having this exact same problem.  I'm synced with my phone and the app on my computer.  I accidentally tried to log in yesterday from a web browser and had to unsync that.  It appeared to be successful, but it popped that same laptop ID up again as a synced device.  Unsynced it again.  Today, I can't really do anything because I guess it thinks that my laptop is still synced and I've used my two unsyncs allowed in a month.  I'm not sure what to do at this point.  Have you found other work arounds??

Thanks

• Level 5

After using the 2 allowed unsyncs, these are the options:

- Stick with the working device(s), don’t touch anything (which can cause a complete lockout) and wait for 30 days, until the limit resets itself 

- Subscribe, which lifts the limit right away. You can subscribe for a month, the smallest current subscription would be Personal.

EN shows no interest in softening the limits applied to the Free plan. From their perspective the Free plan is a marketing tool, not intended to support an infinite extended use of EN. Having Free users feel the limits is part of the setup - IMHO intentional, not accidental.

• Like 1

I've been having this problem for months.  I use evernote extremely sparingly.  I actually just have one note that I use and occasionally my partner and I share a note for a packing list or something.  

The device that it keeps syncing is my old iphone, which my son now uses.  Evernote keeps syncing with my son's iphone (my old iphone) and then I have to use one of my "unsyncs" to access it on my own device.  It's not even installed on the iphone, so we can't figure out why it's auto-syncing.  It does it over and over.  When I just logged in, the iphone was listed 3 times!  Because I only use the one note, I haven't really been burned, yet.  But I have used all my  unsyncs multiple times.  If I can't access that one note, it will be a big issue for me.  

I guess I just need to stop using Evernote.  Unfortunate because I actually love it for the very, very few times I need it each month.  Seems stupid that there is no way to access support for a problem like this without paying for a subscription.   I guess I could ask my partner (who does have a paid subscription) to ask on my behalf.  Would love any thoughts.  

• Level 5

Are you sure it is THAT iPhone ?

Or is it another iPhone ? Because somebody else tries to access your account !

You can check in account settings, access history. It shows the rough location from which an access took place.

Background: Hackers are known to cloak their devices as „iPhones“.

If your account was accessed, it is not a problem of EN security. It is more likely you are using a weak or reused password. This plus the possibility your user (and maybe password) was stolen in breaches in the internet (again, not at EN).

You can check your user here against known breaches:

This is not only relevant for EN, but for other accounts as well.

On 9/28/2021 at 7:02 AM, Nazrul Amir said:

I always use evernote on my Android & Macbook. I always use 2 devices only. But, from 2 previous years, Evernote always asking me to unsync my devices, if not i need to upgrade. When I review my Devices List, it always listed 1-3 iphone devices along with my Android & Macbook. But I don't have any iphone. It really annoys me. It doesnt matter how many times I change my passwords, even a very difficult one, using random characters, and still once a while, evernote always asking me to unsync device or i need to upgrade. It always diplay iphone devices in the Devices List even tho I dont have any iphone, and i had changed my password many times. Is it a scam to force Basic Account user to upgrade? It really annoys me to unsync the devices that I don't have.

And today, once again, Evernote asked me to unsync my device even though I only use my Android and Macbook. When I check the list, it display again iphones along with my own devices. But when I try to unsync as always, Evernote said that I has unsync 2 times before, so it sign me out from my app. Try to login again, it repeat again, it says i have unsync 2 times then sign me out again. The only way to proceed is to upgrade. Is it a scam to to force Basic Acount user to upgrade?

I try to unsync the Devices thru Evernote Web. And its settled. But is it a scam to force me upgrade? Serius la weh. Nak nipu agak-agak lah weh.

Just popup your ads and give the option. But dont trick me to unsync repeatedly devices that i dont even had. Its really annoying.

IMG_20210928_113552.jpg

Screenshot_20210928-112535.jpg

Screenshot_20210928-112541.jpg

I have the same every time i use evernote I need unsyct not my devices. 

• 3 months later...

This will probably get deleted, but I think that it's very sketchy that this keeps happening to multiple users (mine keeps saying that two iphones have accessed my account in the last few days, even with constant password changes). The fact that EN's only solution is for users to either switch to a paid plan or wait 30 days seems like a bit of a strong arm tactic. I know for a fact that times that these iphones supposedly synced to my account are impossible, because they occur during the 30-day lockout.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Level 5

You probably have other people accessing your account, most likely with negative intentions. In addition to change your password you should think about enabling 2FA.

Maybe this helps with the next steps: