In order to synchronize with the Evernote Service...

Howdy! using Evernote on my PC desktop and iOS device, I'm recently running into a Note on my desktop version: "In order to synchronize your notes with the Evernote Service, you must provide your account password. To continue without synchronizing, click Cancel." But regardless of the action I take -- entering my password; changing my password and entering that; restarting program; restarting computer -- the error message continues to appear.

Creating new notes on my iOS device sync just fine, as I can check via web login. The notes on my PC are in limbo, so I've stopped short of uninstalling/reinstalling for fear of losing info from the last week or so. Anyone else encountering this or have tips on what to do? Thank you!

730416954_evernoteerror.PNG.eee5a31b96b41c15e067e3e3dd1fe92e.PNG

• Level 5*

Hi.  Clearly your PC is having some problems exchanging data with Evernote.  Do you have access to a VPN connection? - That should get you around any firewall / AV issues that might be blocking the data.  It would be useful to know what version of Evernote you're using,  and on what OS.  There are some general tips here that may help...

Tips for troubleshooting syncing issues

• 7 months later...
Em 27/09/2021 at 11:44, kurtvan disse:

Howdy! using Evernote on my PC desktop and iOS device, I'm recently running into a Note on my desktop version: "In order to synchronize your notes with the Evernote Service, you must provide your account password. To continue without synchronizing, click Cancel." But regardless of the action I take -- entering my password; changing my password and entering that; restarting program; restarting computer -- the error message continues to appear.

Creating new notes on my iOS device sync just fine, as I can check via web login. The notes on my PC are in limbo, so I've stopped short of uninstalling/reinstalling for fear of losing info from the last week or so. Anyone else encountering this or have tips on what to do? Thank you!

730416954_evernoteerror.PNG.eee5a31b96b41c15e067e3e3dd1fe92e.PNG

Hi there @kurtvan did you manage to solve this, I'm having the same issue. Thanks in advance.

• Level 5

If you read the answer to the initial,post, you learn that this is not an EN problem (most likely).

Something on your network prevents the EN client to reach the server. The usual suspects are firewalls, security software or maybe ad blockers like a Pi-hole.

So it is now your turn to round up the usual suspects. Switch them off one by one until you know what stops your connection from working.