Evernote keeps logging me out

Running this version of Evernote:

10.22.3-mac-ddl-public (2958)
Editor: v132.1.16932
Service: v1.40.3

Big Sur, 11.5.2. Safari and Chrome web clippers installed. 

Evernote Personal account. 

I'm getting logged out 3+ times per day. All of a sudden the log-in window pops up in front of whatever I'm doing. 

Logging in sometimes goes fine, other times it takes me up to four tries to log in. 

Logging in via Apple. 

No issues on iPad or Phone versions. 

Thanks

• Level 5

As I understand you you‘re logged out of the installed Mac client.

You could try this:

1. Go to the Evernote menu, Preferences, and uncheck „Keep data when leaving“
  2. Lag out of EN (File menu), quit EN (cmd-q)
  3. If you want to be very sure, restart the Mac
  4. Open EN, log back in, wait for it to run an initial sync. 
Beside this attempt on fixing the logout problem I think you should install BigSur 11.6. It contains security fixes against bugs that are already exploited through compromised web sites.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi everyone,

This is just madness, everyone I know is complaining about this issue and for now we don't have a REAL solution. EN keeps logging me out randomly on ALL my devices, workstation, business laptop, home laptop, iPhone and iPad.

I'm paying yearly around 52€, why is this happening?

Some people and we're really thinking about to use another tool, this is REALLY annoying and generally happens on a MUST ANNOYING moments!

Kelvin

• Evernote Expert
4 hours ago, KelvinMorel said:

everyone I know is complaining about this issue and for now we don't have a REAL solution.

Interestingly, nobody I know is complaining about this. So, possibly, those you know are all working together in an office? Since there aren't lots of reports of this issue it would help if you have more details of how you're validating. Do you log in with a username or via an SSO sign in via Apple or Google? On the desktop is it the application from the Apple or Windows store? Which level of subscription are you on? I'm guessing Personal but it might help to know.

• 1 month later...
  • Evernote Expert

This isn't an issue that is being reported widely - in fact not at all really. This feels like a networking issue.

You could try not using the Google SSO. You'd have to recover your default username and regular password. https://www.evernote.com/secure/SecuritySettings.action

I'm sure that you have tried emptying the Evernote stuff from your Firefox browser cache. Do you have an alternative browser to try?

• 1 month later...

I am having the same issue too. I log in using my Apple ID, and 1-2 times a day the Mac EN app logs me out and makes me log in again. It is a multistep process so this is quite challenging when you are just opening your laptop to try and capture a quick note.

• 3 weeks later...

I am having the same problem. Its been going on for months and it is incredibly frustrating. Have reached out to Evernote support about it, too. Their suggestions seem to address the problem for a while, on my Mac, but it always returns. 

Lately it’s happening on all my devices. I am regularly logged out of everything. I have a sneaky feeling it is to do with the Apple ID login (I notice others here mentioning this, and I can report that I too use Apple ID as a login). 

As an EverNote user I can understand the frustration of all those who have complained here. I was gonna let this issue go, probably like thousands of other users. I couldn't because all I see here is an Evernote expert and "PinkElephant" keeps on playing the blame game.

Issue here on my Evernote : Keeps on logging out of my devices. Android and Mac OS.

I've used apple sign in. I *suspect* that this happens when you update the app or the OS. 

No, this is not a network issue. at least not on the client side because I use 1Gbps internet 24/7.

I have used Apple sign in with other apps. Never encountered this issue with those apps.

Being a mobile and desktop app developer, I've implemented Apple sign in a few apps myself. Never had an issue with them. This *bug* is not Apple's fault. period.

Fix this!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I am having the same problem and believe me when I say it is not a network problem. I have had this problem on:

1. My school network (all 3 available WiFi networks)
  2. My home network
  3. My girlfriend's network
  4. My girlfriend's school network (all 2 available WiFi networks)

And this both happened on Google chrome + firefox on Windows 10, Windows 11 and Ubuntu 22.04...

So I do believe this is an EN problem :)

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

Hi there, have same problem last 10 days (windows 11), i and evernote support just makes me feeling frustrated - just ignoring my messages. Maybe someone finds out whats going on with this app. Seems that i should find any other app after the paid period..