Evernote Helper / Screen capture issues

Hi, I just upgraded to EN v10.22.3 (from an ancient EN version) on mac iOS 10.15.7.

Very unhappy with "new" Evernote Helper. 

Several issues:
1) When I click on screen capture icon, the EN app opens up and it takes screenshot of that, rather than window open when I clicked screenshot.
2) Helper note window doesn't close until after screenshot is done.
2) Doing multiple screenshots IN ONE NOTE has been one of my main usages for work flow documentation. Yes, I know I could go back and stitch individual notes together, but why do I have to do this? Has anyone found an alternative app that does what EN used to do?

Long time premium user. Very frustrated.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

1) Is a known bug, acknowledged by support, fix is pending 

2,3) The alternative app is called Evernote - the legacy client. Can be installed and used side by side with v10. You then have 2 EN helpers, the old one you are used to, and the new one.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • Level 5

It is a wrong understanding that a new major release of an app must reproduce each and every little detail of what the old app could do. Some streamlining is in the interest of us users as well. Especially when it comes along with a larger unification of formerly distinct clients - it is often impossible to keep all features, when the old clients were too different from each other.

What IMHO is important is that the new app works with the database created, and supports major use cases (hopefully better than the old version). The first is ok with v10, the second not for every use case.