Is Evernote Blocking Legacy Version Logins in Android10?

"From Android 10, I can't no longer login to the legacy version"

I am using Evernote at work with my teammates.

However, the new version is so inconvenient that the efficiency of work is very poor.
So, we decided to downgrade Evernote.

The downloaded source is as follows.

https://evernote.s3.amazonaws.com/android/google-play/com.evernote.google-play.8.13.3.1083330.allArch.6087.apk

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/evernote-corporation/evernote/evernote-8-13-3-release/

However, login is not possible.
After entering the ID, it does not move to the screen where the password is placed.

However, there is no problem with Android 7, 8, and 9.
Now, can't I login again on Android 10?

This is not a problem that only occurred to me.
This is a problem that has occurred to all teammates in the company.

Is there a way to login to the legacy version on Android 10?

1 hour ago, gazumped said:

Hmmn.  Since this is team mates within one company,  could a firewall or antivirus be in the way?  Can you disable wifi connections and try via mobile carrier only?

Regardless of the company, the same problem occurs at home and anywhere outside.

This is not a problem for Android 7, 8, and 9 users who use the legacy version.

Only for Android 10 users who use the legacy version.

Even if you are currently using the Legacy version well on Android 10, you cannot log in again if you log out.

• Evernote Expert

THere's no evidence to support an intentional block on v8 on Android 10 devices. Indeed, there would be no reason to to do that solely with Android 10. I'd expect a similar issue with Android 11 as well. Many others who have tried v10 (and therefore must have at least Andoird 10) have reverted to Evernote v8.

Unfortunately since v8 is no longer supported if it doesn't work for you then there will be no solution.

33 minutes ago, agsteele said:

THere's no evidence to support an intentional block on v8 on Android 10 devices. Indeed, there would be no reason to to do that solely with Android 10. I'd expect a similar issue with Android 11 as well. Many others who have tried v10 (and therefore must have at least Andoird 10) have reverted to Evernote v8.

Unfortunately since v8 is no longer supported if it doesn't work for you then there will be no solution.

I was also using the legacy version of Android 10 until just a few months ago.
However, after changing the phone, I used the new version and tried to use the legacy version again, but this problem occurred. :(

Similar problem here - v8 apk works on on my old Chromebook running Android 9, but not on my new one running Android 11.

On Android 11, I cannot progress past the Evernote v8 apk's username login field in order to enter my password, just as the OP stated.

Since Evernote v10 Android is utter garbage - toally unusable for my use case - it appears my days running Evernote are over. Tragic!

• Level 5*
24 minutes ago, Tra5hman said:

On Android 11, I cannot progress past the Evernote v8 apk's username login field

Seems like Android 11 and Evernote 8 may not be friends - you could try some of the Android forums to see whether that applies to any other software,  and if there are workarounds...

• Like 1