Type to Change the Date of a Note

boechat

Idea

To change the Creation Date of a note, should be possible to just type the date 24/09/2021 or 24-September-2021.

It sucks to have to click multiple times to change the YEAR in a menu that don't even have a scroll function

8 replies to this idea

8 hours ago, boechat said:

To change the Creation Date of a note, should be possible to just type the date 24/09/2021 or 24-September-2021.

It sucks to have to click multiple times to change the YEAR in a menu that don't even have a scroll function

I agree that just being able to type in the date into any of the date fields (creation date, reminders , task etc) would be really useful. However I don't understand the comment about scrolling. I can see all the years to select by clicking or I can use the arrow keys to select them - I have no need of scrolling.

image.png.ecb0f8df82826b9a368fa873919ef62b.png

• Like 1
22 horas atrás, Mike P disse:

I agree that just being able to type in the date into any of the date fields (creation date, reminders , task etc) would be really useful. However I don't understand the comment about scrolling. I can see all the years to select by clicking or I can use the arrow keys to select them - I have no need of scrolling.

image.png.ecb0f8df82826b9a368fa873919ef62b.png

You can see just the aleatory interval between 2013-2029, if you want to select a year before this you have to:

1. Select 2013

01.jpg.1458e4fc9bf05dc413d5cab29266c69f.jpg

2. Open the year menu again

3. Select the year you want, because only now maybe the year will apear in the new interval

02.jpg.f56419a6852d781b15c8f47adc734c23.jpg

• Like 1

The old Evernote allowed you to simply type in the creation date like 1/23/1998. Many of my notes are scanned in documents and some of them are more than 40 years old. Clicking the back arrow to get to 1968 is way too tedious.

It also displayed the date with one click.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

The ability to modify the Evernote created date is so important for my use, I start the title of my notes (even web screen captures) with YYYY MM DD format as a secondary safeguard. My title format is consistent: YYYY MM DD - Location - Subject - Person

What is even worse I just discovered that it only allows you a range of a few years! I am working on a project where I need to keep notes, and used to in the Classic version that span many years back in the last century. I am not happy. 

Just found a way, its a pain but open Note Info then click on date created and click on the year and choose the oldest one, then okay, then keep doing that till you get the selector scrolled back to where you need.  I call this a bug.