Notes are encountering an error in the new version

Go to solution Solved by Austin G,

Hello!

I have been trying to access my notes on the computer for the past few days and I keep getting this error: 

image.png.666256836d46d46dd357a70db2a5fbbc.png

When I click contact support it bring me to this page:

image.png.1fcee4bce09cef9877cff1e400f954f4.png

Then when I try to click on the note again it gives me this message: 

image.png.8d20fb9fe3532bc2a1ee325d3ed335cd.png

I am using this version of evernote: 

image.png.8c7b0082a20c5072a10c7da044dac2c7.png

It seems I can access my notes on my android device but I cannot seem to access them on my computer. I have already updated chrome to the newest version and restarted my computer along with clearing all the history and cookies. I am not sure what else to do or if this is an error in the update. I did try going back to the previous version and I can access my notes in the previous web version of evernote. I am assuming this is an update issue with the newest web version of evernote if I can access the notes fine in the older version. Is there a way to get this fixed or is there something I need to do on my end to fix it?

Thanks!

Johrielee

5 hours ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  Subscribers can raise support queries here - https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new and Free users here - https://twitter.com/evernotehelps

Thank you for the info! I actually don't have a twitter account (I'm not a fan of social media). For now, I'll wait for someone to notice it in the community thread and hopefully have a fix for it. I switched back to a previous version of Evernote and have been able to access my notes that way. I am thinking it is a bug issue with the most recent update.

• Like 1
On 9/24/2021 at 1:57 PM, PinkElephant said:

First thing should be to check your devices count. Open your account information, go to the tab devices.

If there are more than 2 listed, unsync to go down to 2. If you want to connect one not listed, you need to be down to 1 active device.

Hello! I checked the devices and I only have two. One for my phone and another for the web. I removed the web one and tried logging in again but I am still getting the same issue. Thank you for the idea though! I was hoping it would have worked!

• Level 5

OK, one step after the other. If devices is excluded, you may try this. It is not for the web, it is for the installed client:

1. Go to File > Sign Out [name] from the menu bar.
  2. Select the "Remove my Evernote data from this device" option, then click Sign out.
  3. Restart your computer.
  4. Sign back in to Evernote

On the web, there are several checkboxes that influence the loading. I am on the iPhone at the moment, can’t check.

• Evernote Expert

Since the report is of an issue with the web client your only option would be to log out, remove all cookies and cache content relating to Evernote and log back in.  If you still have an issue (and I fear you will) then your only option is to work with support or wait for a new release of Evernote for web.  Another possibly speedier option would be to stop using the web browser and switch to the desktop application.  THat does offer some additional options should the issue stil not be resolved.

• Ex Employees
  • Solution
On 9/24/2021 at 10:07 AM, Johrielee said:

Hello!

I have been trying to access my notes on the computer for the past few days and I keep getting this error: 

image.png.666256836d46d46dd357a70db2a5fbbc.png

When I click contact support it bring me to this page:

image.png.1fcee4bce09cef9877cff1e400f954f4.png

Then when I try to click on the note again it gives me this message: 

image.png.8d20fb9fe3532bc2a1ee325d3ed335cd.png

I am using this version of evernote: 

image.png.8c7b0082a20c5072a10c7da044dac2c7.png

It seems I can access my notes on my android device but I cannot seem to access them on my computer. I have already updated chrome to the newest version and restarted my computer along with clearing all the history and cookies. I am not sure what else to do or if this is an error in the update. I did try going back to the previous version and I can access my notes in the previous web version of evernote. I am assuming this is an update issue with the newest web version of evernote if I can access the notes fine in the older version. Is there a way to get this fixed or is there something I need to do on my end to fix it?

Thanks!

Johrielee

Thanks for your patience while we worked on a fix. We believe the issue is now solved. Please let us know if the errors continue. thanks! 

18 hours ago, Austin G said:

Thanks for your patience while we worked on a fix. We believe the issue is now solved. Please let us know if the errors continue. thanks! 

Hi Austin,

Yes! I switched back to the new version and the issue has been resolved. Thank you so much to everyone on your team for working on this! You guys are great! 

On 9/26/2021 at 1:41 PM, PinkElephant said:

OK, one step after the other. If devices is excluded, you may try this. It is not for the web, it is for the installed client:

1. Go to File > Sign Out [name] from the menu bar.
  2. Select the "Remove my Evernote data from this device" option, then click Sign out.
  3. Restart your computer.
  4. Sign back in to Evernote

On the web, there are several checkboxes that influence the loading. I am on the iPhone at the moment, can’t check.

Thank you for your help! I do not have the installed client but I will keep this in mind in case other issues arise in the future. Per the post from Austin G., the issue was resolved and the web client is working fine now. 

Thanks again for your insight!

• Thanks 1
On 9/27/2021 at 7:25 AM, agsteele said:

Since the report is of an issue with the web client your only option would be to log out, remove all cookies and cache content relating to Evernote and log back in.  If you still have an issue (and I fear you will) then your only option is to work with support or wait for a new release of Evernote for web.  Another possibly speedier option would be to stop using the web browser and switch to the desktop application.  THat does offer some additional options should the issue stil not be resolved.

Hello! I did try that multiple times and it was still an issue. It seems the staff have been able to fix the bug though (per Austin G.'s post). I went back to the new version and it is working fine. Thank you for your suggestions though! Much appreciated!